Thread: Latex sheets for tail?

Latex sheets for tail?

Hi,

I have some interest in making my own tail. Does anyone have experience with structured latex sheets make for clothing industry like this one:
    https://www.rubberik.at/latex-meterw...product_id=354

It must survive things like sitting on rocks. I think for me that is easier than dragon skin silicone because I think I do not have the space for molding the main tail.

I think I want to go more for a full suit because I want a dorsal also on the back.

Any opinions or experiences in this area?

I thought about latex before getting silicone, but I heard that latex clothing is difficult to get on and off...more difficult when wet. I don't know much about mending latex except that it can create fumes. If you can get sheets of latex without breaking your bank account, then try it and let us all know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by K Swim View Post
    I thought about latex before getting silicone, but I heard that latex clothing is difficult to get on and off...more difficult when wet.
    That is not entirely true. It depends on some conditions. If you use some tight clothing as is without any aid, that is true but for clothing you have some options:

* Lube (silicone oil, special aids), talcum powder, etc. I don't want any of them as they may be environmentally harmful when used in open water
    * Chlorination makes it soft and easy to get in so you can get in it easily but you loose the possibility to repair it

Water works as well as it makes it very slippery but it is not as clean as the specialized options. Since it will get wet anyway, why not put it on in the water? Also a tail is not really a skin tight clothing except if I add a full top.

The only downside is that it may get damaged by scratches so that is something, that should be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by K Swim View Post
    I don't know much about mending latex except that it can create fumes. If you can get sheets of latex without breaking your bank account, then try it and let us all know about it.
    In that case I don't create the sheets by myself so there are no fumes - it is just cutting and gluing together. Its like sewing together an own fabric tail - but with a unique look since my mersona is a triton (male siren) and I want a dorsal on the back where usual tails usually have already stopped and the scales should reflect the light a bit better.