Thread: The cost $$ of mernetwork

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Wink The cost $$ of mernetwork

Im not sure if you all know, but our admins have paid for mernetwork out of their own pocket- and it's not cheap. We wanted a forum with all these special features like we have, and the ability to host it without fear of outside people having any power to remove things. So for the hosting and the forum software our admins have shelled out 500$ and it costs 100$ to renew!

I know we're mostly all people who can't afford a lot. If we could, we'd all be owning the most expensive tails by now. But the fact is, these two people give so much of their personal life (and money) so that we can have an active online community!

There's a few ways we can support the mernetwork websites.

1. Buy some of the official merchandise, not only will you look cool, you'll be helping the site! The cafepress is here: http://www.cafepress.co.uk/mernetwork

Now, from having my own cafepress after all is said and done you're lucky to walk away with 1 or 2$ from each sale So one of the better ways to support mernetwork would be to donate directly.

2.You can do this by going to the main forum page: http://mernetwork.com/index/forum.php scrolling all the way down and you'll see a yellow button that says "donate" there is a paypal.

Paypal also charges a small fee, and if you select to "give as gift" instead of the other options it will not take away a chunk of the $$ being donated.

My job hasnt started up yet and for me the mermaiding is just barley helping me financially scrape by. I know I can't make a payment right away, but I'm going to make a commitment of at least 20USD the second I can. A pledge!

I am hoping you will all consider making a donation after reading this post, every little bit helps. If you are unable to, perhaps you can be like me and make a pledge! Write a comment "I pledge 5$" etc and sometime over the next few weeks try hard to make good on that pledge

Every little bit helps. Look at all the people who are active in groups: http://mernetwork.com/index/showgroups.php this isn't even all our members, but if each of these people at least pledged 5$ we'd be doing well! (I chose the groups link because I know on the members link not all members are active)

Let's keep mernetwork going, and give back to the two people who have given so much!

It might be cool if members who have donated could have a cool icon under their avatar when they post (and another for more than one/regular donations). It would be a digital badge and an incentive.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Yeah, like on the National Novel Writing Month site they get a halo on their avatar if they donate (it might be acertain amount, I'm not 100% sure). So maybe there could be some sort of mermaid icon that comes with donating anything, but you can have nicer tails, tops, hair, accessories or whatever if you get to a certain overall donation amount? An idea anyway.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I pledge $15 as soon as I get paid friday- My last paycheck.
    I will also Share Raina's message on my facebook page to try and get the word out to other mers.
    This digital place is too important to me to not donate.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

<3 I think the icon thing is a great idea, have to talk to Maligni for that one

bumpity bump

Hmm, I'm definitely interested in helping. I should be getting a paycheck this weekend.
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    Mernetwork Moderator

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    That's really awesome of you guys! Thanks so much!

Also, after finals are over I'll look into making a badge for people that donate.

I'll help soon as I have a bit of spare coin.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    I shall see what I can donate a wee later this month once the bills are paid up

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    My pledged $15 has just been donated! I <3 Mernetwork!
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

i will try. i do have plans to buy from the cafepress though
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    I will try once i get my paycheck
    I Love Mernetwork! <3
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

I don't have much to give but I pledge $5. Now let me swim off and donate that...

Done.

Once I get a job/ some money and a credit card I'll donate!