Thread: Any other Bavarian Mers out there?

Any other Bavarian Mers out there?

I wonder if there are any other Mers in and around the lakes of Bavaria?

I am close to. I am from Vorarlberg. Where are you from?

I'm from Rosenheim and Regensburg. Do you have any experiences with fresh water swimming? The Chiemsee is so beautifuly clear, but feels to cold to dive. I wonder if it will ever become warm enough.

You are lucky that there is a yearly mer event in Prien am Chiemsee in the Prienavera where you can go to. This year it did not happen as they were closed but for sure you can go there on the next event.

In worst case you can wear a wetsuit under your tail but I don't think it is that cold. Bodensee at summer is also 24-25°C in the summer months. You can also wear a full suit instead of a tail only like Mermaid Protector offers to have more protection.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    some lakes might be 24-25° at the surface, but as soon as you go under a few metres, it gets much colder.
    I've done quite a few tailswims in various german lakes, and they are all §%$&! cold I can tell you.
    Suits and tails usually don't mix well.

Unless you're an ice swimmer or some scandinavian superhuman, free water swimming in middle Europe is a pain.
    That's why everyone is at the pools even during summer. If you GET a summer, that is.
    Right now, even the Great Lakes area is almost 20°C warmer than Germany. lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    some lakes might be 24-25° at the surface, but as soon as you go under a few metres, it gets much colder.
    I've done quite a few tailswims in various german lakes, and they are all §%$&! cold I can tell you.
    Suits and tails usually don't mix well.
    Just search for the term Sprungschicht. It's depth is moving but the first one you can expect at 3+m depth.