So if i understand what you say well you are a beginner EDM composer? Being a beginner Fantasy/Fantastic/Sci Fi writer in the hesitating beginning phase of doing career with this artistic hobby like you seem to be also i can confirm your teacher advice. Having some public to go to and showing them your work is a must. If you trust us enough to be this people personnally i take it as a honor. That’ s very brave of you indeed, showing someone your creation is hard. I know.

I’m not a pro mermaid at all so my suggestion is totaly random but a kind of mermaid themed music i fond to lack of is about the « Dark Side » of the mermaid myth so to speak. So, i’m a metalhead and that may not be your kind of stuff (now that i think of it i really should post the few mermaid metal songs i know of in the mermaid music topic, also in this topic here there are a lot of mermaid music of many styles already that can give you inspiration for your own compositions if you want to hear this), but i think some dark electro mermaid song will probably be nice and original.

Now i think one sector where there is for sure lot of demand for Fantasy themed music and that can pay you well for your work is the video game industry. That being said i’m only a music fan not a music pro so my ideas may not be the best.