Thread: Merman Vest

Merman Vest

I'm planning to make a new silicone tail, and I'm making a vest to go with it. I want it to be scaley and look natural like I was born with it on, like the tops in H2o. I was also thinking about putting pectoral fins on it's sides, and maybe gill slits. What do you guys think?

Sounds really interesting and unique dahling! That sounds so different from how mermen are usually shirtless, and it's good to be different!

i can't wait to see it. do u have any concept drawings? and i like the whole idea of u saying u want it to seem as if u were born with it on with the scales,gills, and fins! i've always thought of a merman with a netted vest wit seaweed and sea stars and shells!
    I Believe

I don't have a design, but here is what I want the tail to sort of look like http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

I guess you'll have to use your imagination on the vest though.
    Last edited by APhishOutofWater; 09-14-2011 at 06:54 PM.

maybe u could draw up a couple of ideas and narrow it down to the final design!
    I Believe

I always imagine mermen as more dangerous than mermaids. I always think of them with like spiney fins on their wrists like lionfish or on their back down their spine. I always imagined that they were poisoness just like lionfish so predators would stay away. You could probablymake cool wrist cuffs like that or maybe a vest with that on the back.
    ~A mermaid found a swimming lad, picked him for her own, pressed her body to his body,and made the sea their home~

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I'm having difficulty picturing it. If its done, are their pictures? Otherwise, do you have any sketches, or could you describe it?

I've been majorly delayed on actually making it, but it'll pretty much be just a vest cut out of neoprene, covered in silicone with a fishnet scale pattern, and painted to match the tail.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Visit MermaidMermeron(Cameron)'s Youtube Channel
    plz show results when finished