Thread: Hi I'm new!

Hi I'm new!

Hello MerNetwork! I am so excited to finally have found something like this I am based in the Pacific North West specifically Washington. I have a twin sister and both of us have always loved mermaids, but we never thought that there was something amazing like this where we can join a group of other people that share the same love! I do have to give credit to Courtney Mermaid (VancouverMermaid on Insta) she pointed me to this and I am so happy I joined. I do not have a tail or monofin but that is subject to change soon -hopefully- just don't know which one yet I do have a knee injury that makes swimming with fins or without fins difficult, so I am very unsure about what to get but with so many people here I thought that why not I could get some advice. I don't know what else to say with it but hello!

Good afternoon and welcome. There's a lot of nice people here and a lot of forum threads of interesting reading. I hope you can get yourself a tail soon.

Hello and welcome! Awesome that you have a twin and they are interested too! Maybe you can both splurge on tails you both like and then share them :P That way you get two tails for the price (ish) of one.

As far as the injury, I feel your pain. I don't have a specific injury but my joints are weak and I have many problems with all that. Luckily, water is very forgiving, in fact there are a lot of physical therapies done in pools for that very reason. So maybe look into that with a doctor, or look for videos online and see if there is anything that can help. But please be safe and don't injure yourself further.

Welcome to the MerFam <3
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Thanks for that and the welcomes! I will look into that and see what I can find, it's been a while since the initial injury but it's always good to work on strengthening it more and swimming does that I just don't do enough of it. I think now I will have an excuse

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    hello from a fellow washingtonian

i'm originally from eastern washington (columbia basin) but now i reside on the coast about an hour and a half southwest of olympia.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the mernetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Member Pod of Cali mermanxxorion's Avatar
    Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app