Thread: mermaid magic

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England

mermaid magic

Last edited by Mermaid Colette; 07-01-2020 at 12:51 PM. Reason: i want to delete it
    sisters of the tide are we,
    bound by salt and sand and sea,
    selkie, siren, mermaid daughters,
    priestesses of the holy waters.
    ~🐚~

Last edited by K Swim; 07-01-2020 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Respecting OP's wish to delete

Wow, that is terrible advise. The last thing we should want to do is troll other people on the internet and perpetuate the toxicity of places like Youtube and Facebook. If you didn't like the video, move on. Do research, find reputable sites.

That being said, mermaids are not real in our world, so it is impossible for us to know what kind of magic they would work. So there are no 'real' mermaid spells. And the magick of our world is grounded in the realness of nature. So anytime you do Water Magicks you can be doing so 'as a mermaid'. It doesn't need to be a spell that a real mermaid would do. Magicks for us are based on intent and the energy you put forward, so believing what you are doing is the best way to do a real spell. But nothing is going to turn you into a real mermaid apart from purchasing or making a tail and working on things like breath holds. But you can work Magicks and spells to help focus your intentions to get you to a place where you can do that. Whether it is a wealth spell to help you save or budget money to buy a tail or take freediving classes. Or a spell to help you organize your time so you can practice your mermaiding skills. If you want to add more mermaid or ocean flare to help focus you intentions you can definitely work spells using ocean or river water, sea shells, seaweeds, pearls and other ocean gifts.

The best magick comes from the heart. So use your heart to search around. Talk with others (as you are doing here) and find books or sites that discuss spells and potions and salves in realistic and serious ways. Use your head to weed out the unrealistic claims. Obviously anything claiming to give you a real tail or gills isn't accurate. But that doesn't mean it is all fake. But you also don't have to follow a recipe exactly as it comes. If it calls for ocean water and you don't live near the ocean, use a pond or lake or river water or even rainwater. Again, it is the intention that matters, not so much the specifics. Take the things you read with a grain of sea salt and use common sense.

(Raised Pagan/Wiccan for 19 years, started to study druidry, buddhism, shamanism, norse and egyptian lore about 8 years ago and have now melded my own eclectic spiritual path)
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Last edited by K Swim; 07-01-2020 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Respecting OP's wish to delete

Quote Originally Posted by K Swim View Post
    Not sure if that comment was for me or the original post, but either way, I would suggest that if you are going to try to claim a moral high ground in a disagreement by telling people not to troll or spread toxicity, then you could at least not include it within a post that appears to be full of trolling and toxicity.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MerNetwork mobile app
    Sorry, I didn't feel at all that it was an ambiguous post. That comment was absolutely directed toward you, as you were the only other post that was giving 'advise'. Next time I will directly quote you so there can be no confusion.

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    okay, thanks. sorry, but this seems like it wasn't a good thing to post. i do not want you guys to fight. i never ment to seem toxic or anything if it seems so.
    sisters of the tide are we,
    bound by salt and sand and sea,
    selkie, siren, mermaid daughters,
    priestesses of the holy waters.
    ~🐚~

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Colette View Post
    okay, thanks. sorry, but this seems like it wasn't a good thing to post. i do not want you guys to fight. i never ment to seem toxic or anything if it seems so.
    I was absolutely not calling you toxic at at all. I was saying that the comments and replies on youtube and other sites that tell the creator that their work is trash or shitty is what is toxic. Which is whate the other person told you to do. I was saying that is what is toxic and it should never be advise that is given to someone as a way to combat the problems.

Your question was valid and deserved a proper answer. Please don't be afraid to ask questions in the future because of this experience.