Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morning!

Thanks for clearing that up. I make my own fishing weights out of molten lead and when they start wearing out, I just melt them and make them like new all over again. I was curious if the same logic could be applied to silicone.

I don't use one myself, but a lot of my customers that I provide IT support to will get these things for their keyboards and the mouse pads either for comfort or medical issues. When I go to a desk to fix one of their computer issues, I am sometimes greeted by sticky silicone on my palms when I start typing on their keyboards then "Oh, sorry. This thing is old. I buy new ones but I keep wearing them out." If I could have assisted them with that in a better way than them trying to patch it with clear tape, then I would.

Ahh. I've done a bit of pewter work myself - it's fun
    Maybe just do some weird pillowcases or something for the pads. I don't use them myself, but I know how the edges of mouse pads will sometimes get pretty gross. Wonder if there'd be a market for better wrist wrests and such.

Like I said, some of my IT customers have medical issues. Once they find these types of things that eases the complication that comes from their injuries, they won't get anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Finny View Post
    And I was kidding about the denim, I just have lots of terrible ideas that kind of get thrown onto the page as I'm thinking them. I have gone swimming in pants and regular clothes though (someone pushed me into a lake) and it was fine - sucked getting the jeans off though :/

I def wouldn't cut the fin down, but do you think the rapid would still work in a tail? I know they were made for diving and what not, but I'm not sure if being encased in silicone would affect how it works?
    I think if I was going to drop money on the competitor I'd just get a tail from some of the other companies in europe since they're cheaper and have more options for shapes/foot pockets and such.

Thanks for the thoughts
    Ok whew.

I used my rapid in a fabric tail, my first tail that I made The problem was that because of the thick straps to adjust the foot pockets, the ankles were bulky and it was super obvious what was inside, especially once the fabric was wet and showed every detail. I didn't really like the way it ended up looking. Any fin will still work totally fine in silicone. The rapid included. It would be an ok option, but I would remove the heel straps if you were to use it as a base for a silicone fluke.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Thanks for the info. I kind of forgot the rapid have heel straps (which I can't stand - when I used to do SCUBA my straps would always loosen and the fins would literally fall off my feet while diving. Thankfully they never fell on anything important :/) I guess my main concern would then be if the rapid would be ocean swimmable in a silicone tail. More things to research.
    Thanks again for your thoughts

Thats funny because without the heel strap I would be lost. Thats my favorite thing about the rapid and the linden.

If you are looking for a good strong fluke without a strap your best (possibly only) option is a Mahina. Its what I typically suggest and see going into silicone tails

I was also looking into some of the other fins like the one from simply fins and other places overseas. If I'm going to drop several hundred dollars and like 80+ hours into a tail, I'd rather just spend a bit of extra money to have a fin that works and doesn't destroy my feet. On the other hand, I'm comically cheap :P