Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utah Lake and River Mers

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel

Utah Lake and River Mers

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one.... if I'm wrong, please correct me.
    What's a good way to get more merpeople in my area?
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Host a party or propose a get-together?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    I've thought about a get-together, but I really am the only mer in my state, it seems.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

Oh. You should introduce it to other people in your area! Might be fun. Or see if there are any groups in the area for other kinds of mythical creatures costuming?

Well I'm hoping to inspire some Mer-curiosity at the upcoming RenFaire this month and at the Pirate Festival in September, but at the latter, my current tail will be too big. >.<
    Still working on it...
    Mermaid Dottie

Best of luck then! Remember to have a card or something to give to interested mer-parties

Right! I'd like to have waterproof cards that I can put in a bag on my mermaid belt and give out to the parents I meet, but so far they're kind of spendy.
    Mermaid Dottie

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    You also might want to reach out to cosplay groups to try to make some more mermaids.

That's a good Idea, Malinghi... Cosplay seems rather popular here...I wonder how I could get in contact with some of them....
    Mermaid Dottie

HI! Nice to meet you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (I'm not alone!!!!)
    Where do you swim at?
    Northern or southern UT?
    *fishes around your profile*
    Mermaid Dottie

I see from your profile that you're 13. Do you happen to have a shiny gold tail? and a dad that helped you make it?
    Mermaid Dottie

Ah... I met a man in Joanns who was buying bright gold fabric to make a tail for his daughter, which is what got me started on this journey as an adult. That's why I asked.
    I live in Clearfield.
    Do you have any pictures of your tail? Did you make it or buy it?
    Mermaid Dottie

Nice! I'd love to see pictures.
    Mermaid Dottie

I'm new and just got my first mono fin because I need to learn how to be a strong swimmer before I get a tail. XP But I'm in Northern UT.

Welcome Thalassa!

Thanks, Sea Pearl.

My monofin should get here in a few days; I'm trying to line up a friend who can swim to help me with technique. XP

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Sitre Seer Moroaica's Avatar
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica On Twitter Add Sitre Seer Moroaica on Facebook
    Follow Sitre Seer Moroaica on Tumblr Visit Sitre Seer Moroaica's Youtube Channel
    Woot for more Mers!!!

I always have my 9 year olde niece practice without a tail too to help on the technique.

As far as finding more people. I ALWAYS bring up my Mermaiding. If I see a woman with a Mermaid tattoo I dont hesitate to bring it up. At work, out partying, meeting new people, I ALWAYS bring it up You'd be surprised at how many people you meet who loves Mermaids and would LOVE to be a Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by merana View Post
    Dottie I am pretty sure we both swim in Jordanelle, you do right?
    My husband and I went up there for our anniversary this year, because it's near where we honeymooned last year, but as far as swimming there all the time goes, it's kind of a ways away from me. I'm in Davis County.
    Mermaid Dottie

I live in the Orem/Provo area. Up till now I've only ever swum in pools (I've never swum in a river or lake, weird huh?). I've never been to Jordanelle, but it looks like it's about an hourish away. So it'd be a good enough drive that I couldn't be popping up there at a moment's notice, but I could probably make it there once a monthish if needed.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

I think we should have a get-together!
    Thalassa, you and I are meeting up at the Pirate Festival this year, already. Merana, what about you?
    Mermaid Dottie