Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utah Lake and River Mers

I'm a Utah mermaid too! I live in Salt Lake City. I have a small group of mermaids, and we hire ourselves out for events (or often do them for free because we enjoy it). I haven't worked on my profile here very much, but you can check out my group at facebook.com/mermaidsofthegreatsaltlake. We've done pictures out at the Salt Lake, but I've avoided swimming in it since it's kind of gross. My group usually heads to a local rec center to swim. It's so nice to see that there are other mermaids in Utah!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    Nice to meet you Lei Loni! How many mers are in your group? and what rec center do y'all swim at usually?
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

It's nice to meet you too! There are 3 mers in my group (including me). Only myself and my friend, Nikki, are swimming mers. The other mermaid has a dry tail (she's terrified of binding her legs while swimming!) and she often does our face painting, and crafty things. We usually swim at the Holladay Lions Rec Center in Salt Lake. It's on 4800 South (Murray Holladay Road) and about 1700 East. I would absolutely loooove to meet you and all the other mermaids in the valley. I would even be happy to host a little mer-party at my home, if any one would be interested.

Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    That sounds like a ton of fin- er fun!
    Er... how do you mers feel about pirates? because I don't usually go anyplace south of Layton without my mertender. He takes my pictures, and videos, and I'm trying to design an outfit for him to swim in so he doesn't look so.... modern? More of a sailor-under-my-spell kind of look. And when I'm not pregnant he carries me to the water, although its been months since he could do that. XD
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

My husband always claims that he's a pirate and he's captured a mermaid. Sometimes, when we are at the pool, he will even tell that to the kids. I adore pirates. In fact, I'm showing up to a Pirates of the Caribbean move at the park as a mermaid. I think a salty sea dog is the perfect paring for a mermaid! And having a costume for your mertender is a great idea.

How in heaven's name do I keep missing the posts here? XP

Hi, Lei Loni! I'm getting into hiring myself out, hopefully I can get some bookings from the Pirate Festival and swimming in my tail in public places. I'm supposed to have my tail tomorrow, I'm so excited!

Dottie: I love pirates! As you know I've often wished for a mertender of my own. Maybe that wish will come true soon! ;-) One can hope, right?

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

It's lovely to meet you Thalassa! I'm hoping that all of us Utah mers can get together sometime in the near future! Good luck at the Pirate Festival! Hopefully you will get lots of bookings from it!
    Visit me on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/mermaidsofthegreatsaltlake

And check out my memoir of mermaid adventures and mishaps!
    http://memoirsofmermaidleiloni.blogspot.com/

Just keep swimming!

I hope so, Thalassa!
    I'm so excited that your tail is coming! I saw it on the fish butts page and totally squealed with joy when she said it was yours. ^_^

By the way, I totally found you on FB by accident, but you have no "add as friend" button.
    Lol! Both funny and kinda sad at the same time. I pouted, then laughed.
    Last edited by Mermaid Dottie; 08-08-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Mermaid Dottie

Hello is there anyone in or near Las Vegas?

Hey, I'm new to the thread, working on getting over my shyness of posting on the forums lol. Anyway, I'm a Utah mermaid, well sorta, getting my tail in about a week or two lol. I'm in the Orem area, didn't realize there were many other mermaids around here. So far I've only swam in pools, but totally looking forward to swimming in a lake, just wishing I had my tail right now. xP

Welcome!
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Hi, dez. i think there are some Vegas mers around. I'll keep an eye out.
    Welcome millie! glad you found us.
    Mermaid Dottie

Woah I'm surprised how many other mer-peeps are out there! I'm also surprised all the posts I want to reply to are from 2012 ('-') Though I'm a year late, welcome to everyone!

This is why I didn't pick a pod

I'm in Northern Cali, but not too far away from you guys. I'm about 6 hours from Salt Lake, and 6 hours from Los Angeles.

I like to be a migrating mermaid! *puts on "Exodus" by Bob Marley. Puffs a lil sea weed. *

I've tried eating seaweed :P it tasted like... Accidentally swallowing seawater. Maybe fresh seaweed would taste better? Would having a seaweed wrap in a spa be mermaidy enough? Ahhh landlocked mer problems. Anyway, should they're be scheduled times, where mers would be at a certain lakes or swimiming pools, and if anyone can come then they....do. I guess that's pretty much what everyone does now.... Well there should be a more efficient way for mers to meet up. That is my point and I'm sticking to it

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Grey Gambit's Avatar
    Add Grey Gambit on Facebook
    Follow Grey Gambit on Tumblr
    Seems like a lot of threads are kinda dead in this place, but.. *waves* Eastern Utah over here.

So I know this is an OLD convo but I often find myself in the Utah area.
    (I am from there but am living in Iowa while my hubby goes to school so we visit a lot.)
    I go between Kaysville and Spanish Fork all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnet View Post
    So I know this is an OLD convo but I often find myself in the Utah area.
    (I am from there but am living in Iowa while my hubby goes to school so we visit a lot.)
    I go between Kaysville and Spanish Fork all the time.
    I often pass through Spanish Fork when headed up to the SLC area for visiting friends, but not usually in winter because of the mountain pass.

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Kaia's Avatar
    Add Kaia on Facebook
    thought i would jump in! HIII! im kaia ^^ im new to mermaiding (thanks to dottie) nice to meet you guys! im based in ogden

Hi Kaia! I'm new to mermaiding as well, still working on getting my first tail.