Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merry Meet

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Tasha Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Tasha Mermaid on Facebook
    hahaha really i havnt heard of that before, oh i love it....for like real geese or for statue geese :P

Welcome Mermaid Lunali! Glad you joined us!

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    The statues! It would be somewhat difficult to put a goose into a costuem.
    Tenacity.

@ Sea Pearl thank you so mch

@ Bellasea i guess you would be right ALTHOUGH i have seen some in clothes so I'm not sure (they were dressed as mother goose it was adorable)

Nice to meet you, Lunali. I'm Talise. You and I are in the same boat; it sucks being tailless. Unfortunately, I don't yet have the skills to make my own tail, so I'm trying to find people to buy from.
    Mermaid Talise ~ (User formerly known as Mahina.)

I am the lorelei, dreamy and romantic~

New mer, still trying to find her tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahina View Post
    Nice to meet you, Lunali. I'm Talise. You and I are in the same boat; it sucks being tailless. Unfortunately, I don't yet have the skills to make my own tail, so I'm trying to find people to buy from.
    Nice to meet you too Talise
    Yeah it does suck not having a tail.... i have got my material and my mono fin now so i can start designing what i want but it will take me some time, may i ask why you are unable to make one??? perhaps you don't sew????...... oh there are a few tail makers i have come across that are fairly cheap..... mermaid parties makes latex ones for $200 (i wish i had known before buying my stuff) but i would recommend having a fabric tail first because most are saying not to go straight for a latex or silicon for your first

Helloooo!
    If you head down South you can always come and have a swim with us in Melbourne. Good to see some more Aussie Mermaids springing up
    - Aradia

did you get the phrase "merry meet" from the house of night books by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Aradia View Post
    Helloooo!
    If you head down South you can always come and have a swim with us in Melbourne. Good to see some more Aussie Mermaids springing up
    - Aradia
    Oh i LOVE melbourne, i used to go down every year, but if i can ever convince my partner to go down there i will definitely love to swim with you

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid hannah View Post
    did you get the phrase "merry meet" from the house of night books by chance?
    Merry Meet is a Pagan greeting used by all Pagans, i am Pagan. So to answer your question, no i didn't get it from a book, i have been using it for years

the correct Pagan greeting goes.... Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again, but as this isn't a pagan gathering i shortened it

Blessed Be from another Pagan as well.. I actually used to work at Spellbox down here if you were ever wondering around our witchy stores

well thats really interesting! in the series of books i am talking about its about a young vampyre..and the school she goes to uses this saying..but its interesting to know where it really came from!

Quote Originally Posted by Aradia View Post
    Blessed Be from another Pagan as well.. I actually used to work at Spellbox down here if you were ever wondering around our witchy stores
    i LOVE Spellbox both of them...its the reason i used to go down to melbourne, that and the Esoteric Shop those guys crake me up :P i also LOVE the haunted bookshop but the guy is rude.
    When did you work there and for how long, i wonder if i ever met you then , i would of LOVED to work at the one not in the arcade

Peace love and light Aradia
    Blessed Be )O(

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid hannah View Post
    well thats really interesting! in the series of books i am talking about its about a young vampyre..and the school she goes to uses this saying..but its interesting to know where it really came from!
    Oh most likely the author is pagan or has researched paganism then to use it for her books, i find it odd she is using it like that.
    Happy to help