Thread: Trying to expand merman library

Trying to expand merman library

What’s currently in my collection

Manga

Merman in my tub, vol 1-7 funny shorts plenty of merdudes, hopeful for volume 8

Mermaid boys, Vol 1-2 need to get vol 3 not hopeful for vol 4 getting made overall interesting storyline and plenty of mermen

Books

The Vicious Deep
    The Savage Blue
    The Vast and Brutal Sea,
    by Cordova this trilogy is by far a favorite of mine it’s got everting I love and features string merman lead and shimmering tails

Of Poseidon
    Of Triton
    Of Neptune
    By Banks, leading merman character,

Descent
    Defiance
    By O’Sullivan fun story need book 3 Deception

Pearl tail
    Split tail
    By Burk eagerly awaiting book 3, very interesting story and love all the tails!

Water Trilogy
    Ascension
    Reunion
    Transformation
    By Dalkey, despite female protagonist plenty of mermen characters, and overall very fun story especially if you like the overall story/legend it connects to

Lies beneath
    By brown, need to get book 2 and 3 but the fact it’s shifts from merman’s perspective to the female hasn’t helped motivate me. Overall book one was nice dark tone but fun

Mermaids are Real
    By Wu

So this is my small merman related collection, and I’m wanting suggestions to add as there is such a small pond and not many books of this nature, mermaid books are everywhere, and I want guys perspectives and point of views. Currently I am writing my on novel or attempting to, i suffer from writers block trying to find a hook to entice readers. Overall I feel it’s good story though.
    I’m not interested in over erotic or ebooks im wanting ones I can add to my physical library collection.

Hopefully this list helps spread awareness

Hello. Well i do not know a lot of merman stories to add from manga and books but i know of some, one merman character i do like a lot is Husky in +Anima a manga for little kids (well every one can read it but the mean public intended is of elementary school age so the tone can be childish but i dont mind) about a team of kids who can transform into animals and society is hard against them because of it so they survive by getting friends with one another. The hero is a Raven guy name Coroo but one very important character is that Husky who is a merman. At first he is exploited as a cross dressing mermaid in a circus for the freakshow owner to get money then Coroo rescue him and Husky reluctantly follow him starting a great friendship between Coroo as a very naïve and optimistic typical shonen hero and Husky as a grumpy and stubborn merman always complaining about everything. Soon they are joined by Senri a bear guy more of the silent protecting big bro type and a cute and curious quick to anger bat girl and then the team go to have a lot of nice child adventures. A nice very calm and poetic little known manga between slice of Life and fantasy i highly recommand. Mostly because i like the drawing a lot. Husky is my fave in it but it has more to do with his personality than him being mer to be honest as a matter of personnal taste.

Here there is à compilation of Mermaids themed manga : https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/tags/mermaids?page=1, most ive never heard about before so cant really comment on but some looks like shojo or yaoi with one or more merman character so maybe they can have some of what you seek.

Now for books i only have the odysseus to had to your list sure you can’t get more classical than that but Poseido the greek god was often
    represented as a merman later even if maybe not when the text was written so i think it s still can count and sure here he is the Bad guy but he does have the important role of Odysseus main antagonist and for what i see do it quite well to my opinion. The greek people of the old times feared the Sea King a lot it seems because sea was deadly so its kind of make sense. I like evil mer in story anyway but maybe that s not the best option of a merman in book for you if you dont. But i dont know of any other not mentionned yet.

That s all i can do for you now with my limited knowledge of this topic.
    Last edited by Mermaid Fina; 08-17-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Fina View Post
    Hello. Well i do not know a lot of merman stories to add from manga and books but i know of some, one merman character i do like a lot is Husky in +Anima a manga for little kids (well every one can read it but the mean public intended is of elementary school age so the tone can be childish but i dont mind) about a team of kids who can transform into animals and society is hard against them because of it so they survive by getting friends with one another. The hero is a Raven guy name Coroo but one very important character is that Husky who is a merman. At first he is exploited as a cross dressing mermaid in a circus for the freakshow owner to get money then Coroo rescue him and Husky reluctantly follow him starting a great friendship between Coroo as a very naïve and optimistic typical shonen hero and Husky as a grumpy and stubborn merman always complaining about everything. Soon they are joined by Senri a bear guy more of the silent protecting big bro type and a cute and curious quick to anger bat girl and then the team go to have a lot of nice child adventures. A nice very calm and poetic little known manga between slice of Life and fantasy i highly recommand. Mostly because i like the drawing a lot. Husky is my fave in it but it has more to do with his personality than him being mer to be honest as a matter of personnal taste.

Here there is à compilation of Mermaids themed manga : https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/tags/mermaids?page=1, most ive never heard about before so cant really comment on but some looks like shojo or yaoi with one or more merman character so maybe they can have some of what you seek.

Now for books i only have the odysseus to had to your list sure you can’t get more classical than that but Poseido the greek god was often
    represented as a merman later even if maybe not when the text was written so i think it s still can count and sure here he is the Bad guy but he does have the important role of Odysseus main antagonist and for what i see do it quite well to my opinion. The greek people of the old times feared the Sea King a lot it seems because sea was deadly so its kind of make sense. I like evil mer in story anyway but maybe that s not the best option of a merman in book for you if you dont. But i dont know of any other not mentionned yet.

That s all i can do for you now with my limited knowledge of this topic.
    I appreciate your reply! However I am looking for merman specifically focused books not just mentioned or in passing, I’m also not looking for erotic, as sadly a lot turn to lol. I’ve looked into some manga but I am looking fir more that I can buy physically as I’m not one for digital

I again do appreciate you replyin though

Hi. Sorry for not having what you seek. Well in the exemples i gave both merman where important characters not just mentionned in passing but yes neither story where merman focused with a merman main character. The only one manga i know that isnt in the list i gave you that correspond to this description is Tezuka s Umi no Triton a old kid manga with a triton as the hero. You might not having budget but it may be found in a library and there is an anime for free online. It,s rather short. It ok but i forgot about it first because its an old one from 1972. A i totally understand not looking for erotic, as I didnt read the title linked i dont know which are or arent but just to clear up a misunderstanding not every yaoi is erotica mainy are just sweet romance. Again sorry i didnt had anything like what you seeked.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I remember watching one a few years ago. A young man lives by himself and meets a merman in the river. Takes him home and the merman lives in his bathtub. Sometimes, the merman's friends come to visit.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    I remember watching one a few years ago. A young man lives by himself and meets a merman in the river. Takes him home and the merman lives in his bathtub. Sometimes, the merman's friends come to visit.
    Yes that is the anime of merman in my tub, same storylines as the manga had.