Thread: Shello from Merland

Shello from Merland

Well, usually spelled Maryland but often pronounced the other way... Almost went to Mermagic Con last year as it’s practically down the street - but wasn’t sure if that was a venue for old barnacled half-century Merfolk like myself (I have since learned there is no limit, age or otherwise, on donning a tail.)

I am enjoying being a sponge for all of the info on tail making! I started with the fin fun (hence current photo), found a local pod for swimming and have a birthday gift of a Mertailor FF3 on its way. However the more I looked over the skins the more I realize I want to try making one. I have some cosplay sewing experience (so far my opus is a foam and magnet contraption that transformed from Chocotron Transformer to a Hershey Bar in 30 seconds - and won the grand prize at Hershey Park that year!) So have have some experiencing working outside the box when it comes to sewing.

I’ve ordered some 1.5mm neoprene scuba knit - it will be a looooooong process, lots of research and reading to absorb here, so happy to have found this resource. Hoping to bend ears when I can’t find something or need an extra opinion! Thanks, Jen (no mersona epiphany yet)

Shello! I am Galaxia from the Missouri Mermaids. I wish you all the best. Let me know when you have the tail making down. I cant wait to be a guinea pig