Thread: Finis Luna or Finis Foil?

Finis Luna or Finis Foil?

Hi Everyone,

For a certain project I need a floppy monofin. I am not going to swim with it. I am currently torn between the Finis Luna and the Finis Foil. Can anyone who has experience with both tell me which of these two is floppier?

Other recommendations for floppy monofins are welcome, too! I've considered the mahina but it won't work for my project, sadly.

Thanks in advance! <3
    Last edited by MermaidLiara; 08-29-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I have the foil, it is not floppy but rather stiff. From what I've seen in other videos, the Luna definitely looks floppy.
    Formerly known as ireneho

If you need something really floppy and aren’t set on the Luna or Foil shape I would recommend a mertailor Fantasea 1 because they are sort of close to the Luna price wise assuming you aren’t getting the small.

I think the Luna tends to be floppier than the foil because it’s made out of silicone. If you are getting the Luna I know that Courtney Mermaid has a discount code for the Luna! mermaidcourtney all lowercase.

Junior Member Euro Pod Rinbeastie's Avatar
    Follow Rinbeastie On Twitter Add Rinbeastie on Facebook
    I have the Luna and absolutely love it! I haven't tried the Foil, but I'm fairly certain the Luna is more floppy.

However, it's much less so than the one from Mertailor, so if you want one that's as floppy as possible, I'd go for a Fantasea one. The Luna has much better propulsion, though, so it all depends on what's more important to you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app