Thread: Doing my Best to Apply Updates and Fixes

Exclamation Doing my Best to Apply Updates and Fixes

Hello, I introduced myself before. I'm an additional mod the admins brought on to help. I've been here a while just trying to manage reviews and reported posts etc. Please feel free to reach out and I will see if I can address any issues or escalate them. Thanks

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    I've been helping some members via discord on issues about Mernetwork. I'm not sure if you have enough powers to actually fix the issue but here are the two major often mention things that I help people work around.

1st issue: Typing and responding to post on the Mernetwork NOT via apps which leads to not being to post/respone.
    How it happens: I notice every time the person brings up the issue that it occurs only during web based browser access and never via app. Short response/post time it never happens to.
    How I tell them to get around that issue: I tell them when they aren't in the Mernetwork/Tapatalk app that they NEED to open a new tab on their web browser if they are making a post/response that took more than 2 minutes to type. Something within the message board setting appears or seems to log people off due to inactivity (I'm only speculating that's the reason) if they spend too long responding. I actually had sign back into the mernetwork in a new tab just to post this because of that very reason. People have mention they typed a huge post/response just to lose it because of error and that error always has them logged off when they send me the screenshot. I'm guessing the easiest fix to that issue is to increase the time from a minute or two to like 10 minutes where it's more practical.

2nd issue
    : Unable to register
    How it happens: People usually mention the Mernetwork/Tapatalk apps doesn't usually people create an account (that work around is going to a web browser). The other issue with this is some people still have hotmail, yahoo, and aol email address.
    How I tell people to fix that issue: I tell them to create a gmail and try again. I think hotmail, yahoo, and aol email addresses are blocked from y'all spam filter settings as none of the 3 listed email services ever even get the signup email in the spam folder. I also remind them they can switch the email on the account to the hotmail, yahoo, and aol from the setting once the account is created.

I have no problems helping people and will still help people. I'm sure the flow of people and activity will increase a tad bit more if those hurdles get fixed. I'm just not sure if it within the limit of the forum software. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need more details.

Quote Originally Posted by MerNetworkMod View Post
    Hello, I introduced myself before. I'm an additional mod the admins brought on to help. I've been here a while just trying to manage reviews and reported posts etc. Please feel free to reach out and I will see if I can address any issues or escalate them. Thanks
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

It has is caused by your sender mail address. You are using @gmail.com but you are not Gmail so the destination mail server checks that and detects a mail with a forged sender.

If you want to use that Gmail address, you also have to use the Gmail server to send your mail.

folks should be using the site via the ap or the actual site on a PC. it's not built well for web-based browser and there's not much I can do on that end sadly. it's a vbulletin issue. On my end I see people registered with all sorts of emails no problem. Most common issue seems to be people answering the spam filter incorrectly.

I don't have any issue on the Android app, but I can confirm one of the issues that Slim mentioned earlier. Upon logging in, I have to keep navigating the site to stay logged in. Understandable, except quite frequently I'd be typing a reply to a forum post (while logged in on my desktop) and get an error when trying to submit it because "I need to be logged in." What Slim was saying that instead of logging in there and losing everything you just typed, open MerNetwork in another tab, log in again, then submit the forum reply on the tab you were typing on. My suggestion would be to make the timeout period a little bit longer than the apparent 2 minutes that Slim mentioned. I hope you could at least push the idea along to the proper channels if you are not able to resolve it yourself.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I have the logout issue too :/ annoying

i have the issue that it will suddenly log out. i mean, i was writing comments and it did log out out of sudden.