Thread: Hello, looking for an LA pod to swim with :D

Junior Member Pod of Cali Sairie's Avatar

Hello, looking for an LA pod to swim with :D

I currently live in LA county and I'm looking for pods to maybe swim with, and connect with! I'm closer to orange county if that helps any. Is there any pod meets in the LA area? I have one other mermaid and merman in my house who may like to join the fun too if thats okay. (they are not yet on mernetwork) Social distance safe of course. If not I'd still love to chat, and get to know other mermaids/men in my area. ^_^ It's nice to meet everyone!

~Mermaid River
    Last edited by Sairie; 09-10-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Usagi's Avatar
    Have you joined the Pod on facebook? I'm also in LA County, but just sold my tail in anticipation of buying a different one in a couple months. Plenty of others itching to swim, though!
    Do you want this anemone to sting you?
    ......yes!

Member Pod of Cali mermanxxorion's Avatar
    I’m from la myself and I welcome a swim meet up anytime

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I didn't know there was one on FB. :o May I know what the group name is please?
    @sydthefairbrat (Sorry just realized how to reply to someone >.< way new to this site and forums.)

Nice to meet you I hope to do one soon if I can, but with all the smoke I need to wait. >.<

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    There is a FB group "California Merfolk Pod". I don't know of one for just the LA area.
    I'm in the area too, but rather far from you: Simi Valley. I swim either in my own pool (small, 30 feet), or the Gym's pool (closed right now, and shallow), the rec center pool (closed right now, costs $3), or the ocean (50 minute drive, and cold). Of those I enjoy the ocean the most, as there are other persons to interact with. But...not now.
    My ocean spot is Harbor cove beach, Ventura harbor, so that is even farther for you. It is behind the breakwater, so the waves are tiny.
    We have had meets at my pool, the rec center, and Ventura harbor.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    There is a FB group "California Merfolk Pod". I don't know of one for just the LA area.
    I'm in the area too, but rather far from you: Simi Valley. I swim either in my own pool (small, 30 feet), or the Gym's pool (closed right now, and shallow), the rec center pool (closed right now, costs $3), or the ocean (50 minute drive, and cold). Of those I enjoy the ocean the most, as there are other persons to interact with. But...not now.
    My ocean spot is Harbor cove beach, Ventura harbor, so that is even farther for you. It is behind the breakwater, so the waves are tiny.
    We have had meets at my pool, the rec center, and Ventura harbor.

Thank you so much, and I'm more then willing to drive for a good place to swim in the ocean. I'm not a super strong swimmer when it comes to the ocean, mostly the waves scare me. >.< I wanna get past that though. ^^

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Well when the pandemic situation isn't a problem anymore you are more than welcome to come join us at the Ventura Harbor cove, as Storm said its behind the breakfront so the waves are very small. Lots of little ones as its popular with mum's to bring them there to swim as the water is much calmer. We have a blast usually in the summer heading out every weekend. We have a small pod here in Ventura that Storm meets up with.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    Well when the pandemic situation isn't a problem anymore you are more than welcome to come join us at the Ventura Harbor cove, as Storm said its behind the breakfront so the waves are very small. Lots of little ones as its popular with mum's to bring them there to swim as the water is much calmer. We have a blast usually in the summer heading out every weekend. We have a small pod here in Ventura that Storm meets up with.
    That would be fantastic. I'm definitely interested. <3 and a place with small waves are best. Gotta wait out that covid for sure though. It's nice to meet you by the way. ^^