Thread: Has anyone modified a Whimsy tail? Or used a different monofin?

Has anyone modified a Whimsy tail? Or used a different monofin?

I know it's likely not Mertailor sanctioned as the materials/dyeing techniques are pretty unique right now, but has anyone painted/added on to/otherwise modified their Whimsy tails? Specifically Fantasea 3, but I'd love pics of any!

On the same note, has anyone used a different monofin with theirs? I have a few fins and can't decide if I'm totally in love with the complete fluke flop for land shoots.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my SM-G975U using MerNetwork mobile app
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    paint does not stick to them, when people modify them it's usually through sewing. One of my mers tested quite a few things but no luck. I know you can kinda make the 3 work with a mahina but the flukes do not have a casing like finfolk. they're meant for their specific monofin.

I figured as much, thanks for the response! I'm always looking to alter or customize the more mainstream tails ^.^

I'll have to look into the Mahina a bit more as I'd love to have some stiff fluke shots with my Whimsy as well! The 3 is a beast to move around on land haha

Sent from my SM-G975U using MerNetwork mobile app
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

A Fanteasea 3 tail MIGHT fit the waterway mermaid fin: https://www.freedivershop.com/waterw...d-tail-monofin

It's super stiff. The blade is 70cm (27.6 inch) wide.

If it fits, which, again, I am unsure of, it would be perfect for land shots.