Thread: Mermaid Friendly Pool for Greater Sacramento Area!

Mermaid Friendly Pool for Greater Sacramento Area!

Heya! My mermaid friend/roommate and I work out and practice at this pool in Rancho Cordova, and we were talking to the owner recently about how with COVID going on he's worried about being able to stay open even after vaccines roll out and it's safe to go places again. It's been very empty and they have pretty strict social distancing guidelines since they provide swimming lessons as an essential service, but I thought I'd try and spread the word!

http://www.swimstitute.com/

They have nice wide lanes that are Olympic length, and the owner, Todd, is super nice and very chill about people bringing in tails and monofins! He's also fine with filming/photography, you can wear your wigs and makeup, and people don't really bother you and everyone minds their own business. It's a really friendly place and one of the few that we've found that doesn't have monofin restrictions. If you have any questions, they're super easy to get a hold of via text! Someone will usually get back to you within a few minutes during business hours. My roommate even goes in her silicone tail and the owner gets really excited about it!

I know most people are staying home as much as possible (as we all should be!), and while gatherings definitely aren't a good idea right now, I thought it might be nice to let people know about for the future. It'd be really great for this place to stay open since it's a small business run by very nice people, and it'd be an awesome way to start strengthening the local mermaid community!

If anyone else has some mer-friendly pools they'd like to share, it could be a really nice resource to have! Hopefully this helps someone out. :)
    Photographer, videographer, and traditional costume artist for Tahoe Banshees!
    Working with model and fabricator Siren Scylla!

Junior Member Pod of Cali Aquatic Raider's Avatar

Follow Aquatic Raider on Tumblr
    This is exciting! I live pretty close to there and would LOVE to attend some local merfolk meetups to help bring in revenue. Thanks for the tip!
    Currently swimming with Mertailor Fantasea 3 monofin

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatic Raider View Post
    This is exciting! I live pretty close to there and would LOVE to attend some local merfolk meetups to help bring in revenue. Thanks for the tip!

No problem! It'd be really cool to have some meetups, and this pool is super nice about renting several lanes for a set amount of time so when it's safe there could totally be a fun group swim. It's nice to know there are more locals around!
    Photographer, videographer, and traditional costume artist for Tahoe Banshees!
    Working with model and fabricator Siren Scylla!

Ahhhhh! Neighbors. Omg. I am so going to have to get some time off work and visit. The pools where I live near by you are scary fancy gym pools. I am too scared to go investigate by my self.