Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mermemes!

Waterwolf: Welcome to the internet. -_- Twelve and Thirteen year olds ruin everything.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Theta's Avatar
    Follow Theta On Twitter Add Theta on Facebook
    Follow Theta on Tumblr
    I know I'm a bit late to this thread but I feel like I just came home.

EEEP these are sooooooo cute!!! I love them!!! (also I'm pretty sure both 9gag and reddit steal from tumblr so... *puts on hipster glasses* (just saying~)
    Name:  hipsterariel.jpeg
Views: 1229
Size:  5.2 KB

-takes off your hipster glasses- then how come I've made ragecomics and then my friend has said he found them on tumblr and 9gag a few months later? Now we all have to put reddit watermarks on our comics so people wont be able to steal them.

I don't know... I just sit on tumblr all day... It's the internet, everyone steals from everyone.
    (actually I don't even know what reddit is.)

I have no idea what EITHER of you are talking about... O.o

Senior Member Pod of Cali Nemefish's Avatar
    hahahgahaa malinghi lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD well done!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    these are freakin epic!!!
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Quote Originally Posted by WaterWolf View Post
    yeah. I used to be a 4channer, but a bunch of summerfag 12 year olds took it over. now everyone has gotten so lazy, they've come up with a "not your personal army" meme. =,,=
    then I moved to reddit, but even there I've noticed all the 12 year olds are there too. ragecomics have no rage, regular comics don't make me laugh, everyone just reposts other people's comments with the word "fixed" in the title. seems like every time I discover something awesome, everyone else is soon to follow and they ruin it all.
    I think that's just what happens when something goes mainstream/grows too big. I feel like a community is only really a community when the numbers stay small. Otherwise it's just too much "opinion" to deal with.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidcatherin
    (also I'm pretty sure both 9gag and reddit steal from tumblr so... *puts on hipster glasses* (just saying~)
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidcatherine View Post
    I don't know... I just sit on tumblr all day... It's the internet, everyone steals from everyone.
    (actually I don't even know what reddit is.)

Reddit (2005) is older than tumblr (2007), just saying. Tumblr has some okay content but it's mostly just .gifs as far as I can tell. Reddit, a news sharing site similar to StumbleUpon and Digg, offers (or used to) much more. Although I'm sure that somewhere some content from Tumblr probably does end up on Reddit. Regardless, those parts of the internet are a circlejerk... and they all end up on Facebook soon enough anyway.

@draggersprez: I love your additions! So true.

I enjoy a lot of things on the internet, whether they're reposts or not xD
    In the end, everything is going to get reposted and recycled. You can let your work go on under
    reposts and maybe people will trace it back to you. If you go around claiming it as your own too
    much people often get driven away and you sort of seem possessive and attention-seeking and
    end up damaging your own name.

The guy who made the troll face is on deviantart, and people recycled it over and over until no one
    knew who the original guy who made it even was. When they finally found him Deviantart made a huge
    deal and gave him a day where trollfaces appeared all over the page and they'd go to his profile. They
    gave him an interview and he basically said that while he was sad he wasn't getting credit all the time,
    he was alright with it because he was happy that something he did had become so famous.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    I enjoy a lot of things on the internet, whether they're reposts or not xD
    In the end, everything is going to get reposted and recycled. You can let your work go on under
    reposts and maybe people will trace it back to you. If you go around claiming it as your own too
    much people often get driven away and you sort of seem possessive and attention-seeking and
    end up damaging your own name.

The guy who made the troll face is on deviantart, and people recycled it over and over until no one
    knew who the original guy who made it even was. When they finally found him Deviantart made a huge
    deal and gave him a day where trollfaces appeared all over the page and they'd go to his profile. They
    gave him an interview and he basically said that while he was sad he wasn't getting credit all the time,
    he was alright with it because he was happy that something he did had become so famous.
    ... that is awesome. Internet points for all! (I'm not being sarcastic)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    bahahahaha @ the most interesting man hahahahahaha

here another meme of sorts! Name:  cereal-guy-21319-1297280026-20.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  20.4 KB

I love the memes!
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

I'm just gonna leave this here...

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

^ That guy is my hero
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook