Thread: A strange wannabe mermaid!

A strange wannabe mermaid!

Hi all,

I have just joined to explore my interest in mermaids/merfolk a little bit more.

I have always loved the sea and been curious about what lies beneath. The beach is my happy place. Actually it's more than that. The sea calls to me!

But the funny thing is is that I can't swim! I took some lessons when I was younger but then my self-confidence prevented me from going back. It's on my list of things to do now that I'm older and don't really care as much!

I'm really interested in sea spirituality - I guess you could call me a pagan!

Are there many people here who are interested in exploring the spiritual aspects of the sea/merpeople?

I am just starting to incorporate some mermaid elements into my daily look and I am loving it! Who knows one day I might swim as a fully-fledged mermaid!

Anyway that's my introduction! Hi to all and thanks for reading if you made it this far!

Hi. Hello there, every one who love merfolk related things is welcome there . I love the sea and what is in it too. Well i really long to be able to sea a beach again (sigh). If what you're calling sea calls is feeling really attracted by the sea like a magnet i have the same feeling. Don't worry one is never too old to learn anything and you're not the only one there with swimming difficulties some have this problem too though i'm not one of them i see that topice once or twice that's not that's rare to be both not a good swimmer and a sea lover seemingly, nobody is going to be mean about that don't worry. When i was a kid i was very nervous too about swimming but one day a more or less uncle of mine just well throw me in the sea yelling "swim or drown", and i swimmed...and learn how to do so then XD, after that i was so proud i get better and better at swimming and even win a swimming competition with the four kind of swimming (well the four main ones) once but still now that's old time and i'm a bit out of practice so i would like new swimming lesson too when it will be possible again. Just to say starting nervous at swimming and do real progress really is possible and dont take so longe once you 're really motivated to do so. I'm kind of pagan too even if in a very low key way, i think spiritual aspect of sea and merpeople is an interesting topic but i never really dare explore it deeply scared of too much woo. Well you seem very passionate, you'll probably love it here .

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Fina View Post
    Hi. Hello there, every one who love merfolk related things is welcome there . I love the sea and what is in it too. Well i really long to be able to sea a beach again (sigh). If what you're calling sea calls is feeling really attracted by the sea like a magnet i have the same feeling. Don't worry one is never too old to learn anything and you're not the only one there with swimming difficulties some have this problem too though i'm not one of them i see that topice once or twice that's not that's rare to be both not a good swimmer and a sea lover seemingly, nobody is going to be mean about that don't worry. When i was a kid i was very nervous too about swimming but one day a more or less uncle of mine just well throw me in the sea yelling "swim or drown", and i swimmed...and learn how to do so then XD, after that i was so proud i get better and better at swimming and even win a swimming competition with the four kind of swimming (well the four main ones) once but still now that's old time and i'm a bit out of practice so i would like new swimming lesson too when it will be possible again. Just to say starting nervous at swimming and do real progress really is possible and dont take so longe once you 're really motivated to do so. I'm kind of pagan too even if in a very low key way, i think spiritual aspect of sea and merpeople is an interesting topic but i never really dare explore it deeply scared of too much woo. Well you seem very passionate, you'll probably love it here .

Thanks Fina!

Gosh not sure I would have liked to be thrown in like that - your uncle sounds intense!

Ah yes I am sighing for the beach too. I actually don't live too far from one but I don't have a car and we're only supposed to use the bus for essential travel.

Cannot WAIT to get back to the sand!