Thread: So many site visitors but so quiet?

So many site visitors but so quiet?

Anyone know why this might be?

I'm not that great with tech things so maybe I'm not understanding how this all works but with so many viewing the site how come there isn't more activity?

This forum is fantastic and I'd love to see it a bit livelier with some more posts and interactions!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    We're here. We just don't like making our presence known.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    unless you see logged in members, it's quite possible most of the "visitors" are just bots/spammers.

The forum has gone very quiet, which is not surprising, because mers all over the world were hit hard by the corona bs.
    Most of Europe had its public pools closed for many months now, we've had a total lockdown for almost half a year and it's still ongoing.
    It's also winter, which means unless you live in Australia or the tropics, you can't even go out for a wild swim.

It's bad enough for recreational mers, but anyone who has made a living via pools, performing or other entertainment had to scramble for something else.
    Same for singers, dancers, actors, you name it. Unless you were lucky enough to find a completely different job or are able to work from home, you're busted.
    Even once the lockdown is lifted, many mers won't be willing to jump right back in because they might be in the risk group.
    so yeah, quiet forums.

Totally agreed with everything I just read above. I'd also like to tack on the fact that forums in general have been on the decline for years due to the presence of other social media platforms. Admittedly, I have recently been talking with others on Discord to share information and experiences.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by K Swim View Post
    Totally agreed with everything I just read above. I'd also like to tack on the fact that forums in general have been on the decline for years due to the presence of other social media platforms. Admittedly, I have recently been talking with others on Discord to share information and experiences.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MerNetwork mobile app
    Same! I'm more in contact with my local pod than people from across the realms. But I do swish by occasionally to check out the news.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Union of Pods of the North
    Pod of the Great Lakes

tbh, I'm new and struggling to learn the site (:

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    unless you see logged in members, it's quite possible most of the "visitors" are just bots/spammers.

The forum has gone very quiet, which is not surprising, because mers all over the world were hit hard by the corona bs.
    Most of Europe had its public pools closed for many months now, we've had a total lockdown for almost half a year and it's still ongoing.
    It's also winter, which means unless you live in Australia or the tropics, you can't even go out for a wild swim.

It's bad enough for recreational mers, but anyone who has made a living via pools, performing or other entertainment had to scramble for something else.
    Same for singers, dancers, actors, you name it. Unless you were lucky enough to find a completely different job or are able to work from home, you're busted.
    Even once the lockdown is lifted, many mers won't be willing to jump right back in because they might be in the risk group.
    so yeah, quiet forums.
    Yes of course as a newbie to this I wasn't appreciating the effect Covid might have had on people who do this for a living. Thanks for pointing this out. I was just rushing in all ignorant and enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    We're here. We just don't like making our presence known.
    Well I appreciate you stopping by my post!

Quote Originally Posted by Vixxei View Post
    tbh, I'm new and struggling to learn the site (:
    I'm new too so I understand! Nice to meet you!

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Union of Pods of the North
    Pod of the Great Lakes

nice to meet you too Mara ^-^

I forgot my login and haven't bothered trying to recover it for a while. Even without corona most individual forum sites have been on the decline in favor of larger social media for years. There's still a lot of good threads here for lurking in though.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com