Are we still experiementing with mermaid tails out there? The game is getting real... And I'm ready to jump back in! (I've been at this mermaid research for 8 years now... wow)

So the title might not be completely obvious at first...

I am trying to make a monofin within a silicone tail where you cannot see the lines of the premade Finis monofins. Do we just use Tons of silicone to hide these lines?

Previously, I've bolted in plastic sheets to match the shape of my tail exactly, but is there another way? It makes the tail that much heavier...

Would you suggest perhaps making a silicone monofin, or a fiberglass monofin? How difficult is this compared to what you need to do to make this "seemless" transition from monofin to the tip of the fin? And which (fiberglass or silicone) would be more efficient/easier/longer-lasting to use?

Here's an example of a Finfolk tail where, its like they made a custom monofin, but I don't Beleive they do (correct me if I'm wrong) And then below, an example where you can obviously see the monofin

Monofin obviously visable in silicone tail example:

Here's my new fin design (untrimmed, unpainted) were its base is accidentally a a little too small for typical finis monofins, seems like I almost need to make my own monofin regardless. Unless there are suggestions for monofins with smaller foot areas as well?