Thread: Brand NEW South Carolina Mer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Junior Member Pod of The South Cyrilla's Avatar

Brand NEW South Carolina Mer

Shello!

I am a brand new mermaid, recently ordered my first ever tail and am waiting very impatiently for it to arrive. I'm so glad to have found this forum and hope that it will aid in my search for other South Carolina/Georgia mermaids.... there don't seem to be very many of us.

I have always wished I was a mermaid, but I am actually quite scared of drowning. In fact I still have a hard time not holding my nose when I first go under the water at the start of each swim season. I hope mermaiding will make me feel more comfortable in the water simply because i will be in the water more often. The magic and imagination that comes with being a mermaid is part of what has always drawn me to it. I ordered a tidal teal fin fun tail as my first one because I heard it is a good tail to start with. I cant wait to transform for the first time.

If anyone is in SC or GA and knows of good places to go swim in my new tail when it comes in or even wants to meet up PM me! I would love to meet some local merfolks and maybe even find a local pod is there is one looking for new members/willing to take in a newbie

Few nonmermaid specific details: Female, 22, love the color teal and all things glittery, love dogs and other fur babies but also love snakes and lizards, I LOVE bowling, and most importantly im looking forward to living out my H2O fantasies from childhood! XD
    Last edited by Cyrilla; 03-12-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Hello, well if your swimming in a secure place there is very little chance of drowning. I doubt that swimming in a new fashion with a mertail will get you more comfortable in water but since every one is different well maybe, yeah fin fun is a good starting choice. The magic, imagination and fun in this hobby is there for sure (and even if you're too scared to swim you still would be able to have fun with dry or bathroom photos at first), if you like teal and are not decided on your tail yet Fin Fun as a great teal stuff choice here you could like : https://www.finfunmermaid.com/tidal-teal-mermaid-tail. I enjoy bowling too.

Hey there! I'm a north Georgia mermaid (brand new, in fact) and always love networking with fellow mers near me! Since a lot of pools and public areas are still closed, I've found that trying to find camping areas or state parks with lakes or beaches is the way to go! I just took my tails to Fort Yargo for their maiden voyage and had a blast! If i can answer any questions or be of service, feel free to reach out!
    Quote Originally Posted by soundchic18 View Post
    Shello!

I am a brand new mermaid, recently ordered my first ever tail and am waiting very impatiently for it to arrive. I'm so glad to have found this forum and hope that it will aid in my search for other South Carolina/Georgia mermaids.... there don't seem to be very many of us.

I have always wished I was a mermaid, but I am actually quite scared of drowning. In fact I still have a hard time not holding my nose when I first go under the water at the start of each swim season. I hope mermaiding will make me feel more comfortable in the water simply because i will be in the water more often. The magic and imagination that comes with being a mermaid is part of what has always drawn me to it. I ordered a tidal teal fin fun tail as my first one because I heard it is a good tail to start with. I cant wait to transform for the first time.

If anyone is in SC or GA and knows of good places to go swim in my new tail when it comes in or even wants to meet up PM me! I would love to meet some local merfolks and maybe even find a local pod is there is one looking for new members/willing to take in a newbie

Few nonmermaid specific details: Female, 22, love the color teal and all things glittery, love dogs and other fur babies but also love snakes and lizards, I LOVE bowling, and most importantly im looking forward to living out my H2O fantasies from childhood! XD
    Sent from my LM-G850 using MerNetwork mobile app

Junior Member Pod of The South Cyrilla's Avatar
    Chanteloupe,

I just got my first tail and havent been able to find anywhere to swim in it yet. still a bit too cold to swim outside at the local state park but as soon as it opens I think I will go there. There are only two pools in my area and I am not even sure they allow mermaid tails.

More importantly I'm so glad to know that there is a new mer near me so that we might eventually be able to meet up and swim together! When I am in Georgia I am only about 45 minutes from Athens. (in Braselton GA)

Awesome! Yeah the weather is pretty inconsistent lately lol, but the good part is that swim areas in state parks are usually no more than knee deep, so it's a great place to practice without much risk of drowning. A good place to get your fins wet! And totally! Braselton is just a straight shot down I85 from here lol. Glad to meet you!
    Quote Originally Posted by soundchic18 View Post
    Chanteloupe,

I just got my first tail and havent been able to find anywhere to swim in it yet. still a bit too cold to swim outside at the local state park but as soon as it opens I think I will go there. There are only two pools in my area and I am not even sure they allow mermaid tails.

More importantly I'm so glad to know that there is a new mer near me so that we might eventually be able to meet up and swim together! When I am in Georgia I am only about 45 minutes from Athens. (in Braselton GA)
    Sent from my LM-G850 using MerNetwork mobile app