Thread: Hi from a new merman

Hi from a new merman

Hi all,

I'm very new to this and just discovered this great community of merfolk. I'm a Louisiana guy in his early 30's who spends every moment possible in the pool and love the thought of being a real merman.

It's hard to meet men with a mer obsession so I hope there are many other men on here to get to know and learn from!

Hi and welcome! I'm 28. Where i am pools are closed but if they werent i'd do the same as you. Well most people here are girls but they are some guys. And a lot of people who like me have a bit of a complicated relation with their gender, for me i'm born female and ok with being called her and considered a woman but i'm many times so masculine in gender presentation (well my body naturally grew androgynous with deep voice and nothing besides big breast that get my female birth obvious), tastes and personnality that many believe i'm a guy and even me sometimes i'm very ambivalent and 50/50 about if i'm just a very masculine girl or a trans guy sometimes it really feels like it but other times i feel very femininine so i dont really know anymore what am I gender wise. Futhermore as i'm autistic well the neurotypical gender binary feel like it's not really suits me. So i dont really know where am i and i'm a bit lost about my gender lately. They're lot of LGBT and questionning people here anyway, people here on that are really accepting so of course they accept mer obsess men also wether they're transgender (born female and transitionned to male) or cisgender (born male), whatever they're sexual orientation and wether they're feminine, manly, androgynous or anything we dont care every one is welcome ! Mer obsessed men are rare for sure but as legitimate as mer obsessed women! As long as they're not mervert that's the only restriction of course (if you're obsessed with a fetish on mermaids women that's totally ok too every one as they kinks as long as you know how to not sexually harass, or force any kind of sexually unwanted contact on the mers here you might found sexually desirable and know how to respect consent and being a polite gentlemen that's ok). Here a link to some topics there about mermen : https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...highlight=male https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...highlight=male https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...highlight=male And in the topics about fictionnals mers sometimes you could find various references on fictionnal mermen. That's a start i guess. Dont worry you're far from the only one it's relatively rare but there more mer obsessed guys than most people think, you're far from the first and you know what even if you were you'd be welcome and legitimate here too, what does no exist yet should be invented when we want to see it that's my way of thinking, and what exist but is too discrete well must be expanded. In short i hope you like it here welcome home, fellow merfolk!

Thanks for reaching out! Yeah, I got really excited when I found this forum and there seemed to be at least a handful of guys. I'm have a girlfriend and I consider myself straight but I do see the beauty in the mer form, both male and female. The idea of having that tail is both sexy and very masculine to me. I mean, mermen have to be very confident since they are basically naked, right! But it's also very freeing and fun. I'm new to all this and actually haven't yet bought my own tail so I probably sound like such a newbie!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Hi merbro! Always nice to have another merman in the group.
    One thing the gay community has shown us straight guys is it is OK to see beauty in anyone, and for anyone to pursue whatever hobby we are interested in.
    You can get a good, first tail from Fin Fun.
    As you swim alot, the things to practice are breath holding and your dolphin kick. You will find the latter feels very different when you are wearing a fin. If you already own bi-fins, you can practice with them. Another thing to practice is swimming in ways other than a straight line; turns, figure eights, underwater back flip, etc.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

I second the fin fun recommandation, i'm quite satisfied with my own tail from them and they have a lot of choice for cheap, easy to use and fun mertails of many colors and style that can suits most people taste you can seek here : https://www.finfunmermaid.com/.

Great suggestion. They do have a lot of variety for a very reasonable price. Pretty sure that black or orca fin is in my future! Maybe that silver.

Also, merman storm... love the pic man! You look like you are enjoying the hell out of life. Thanks for being yourself and an inspiration for boys and men alike!

Thank you!
    Its a Mertailor Spellbound. The location is Cozumel. It was taken by a professional during the mer-cruise about a year and a half ago. There will be another mer-cruise in March, 2022.

Let the storm rage on!

Always nice to meet another merman. I'm 36 and live in Pennsylvania, have a neoprene tail, and went to a couple conventions before the shut down. Definitely open to answering questions or just talking
    - Merman Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    Thank you!
    Its a Mertailor Spellbound. The location is Cozumel. It was taken by a professional during the mer-cruise about a year and a half ago. There will be another mer-cruise in March, 2022.
    Dude, whaaat!? I had no idea there was a mer-cruise! That sounds amazing. Is there a good bit of mermen? I'm sure it's mostly female but just wondering. I'll have to look this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    Always nice to meet another merman. I'm 36 and live in Pennsylvania, have a neoprene tail, and went to a couple conventions before the shut down. Definitely open to answering questions or just talking
    - Merman Martin
    Man, I have so many question and I'm sure plenty that I haven't even thought of yet. Thanks for reaching out!

Hey there merbro! Nice to meet another southern mer! As you can tell, there are tons of great teachers and resources here in this forum, so please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns! I'm also very new to the community, i was FINALLY able to take my tails or for a test drive at a state park with a swimming area. With so many pools still closed, you have to get creative sometimes lol. I'd encourage you to look at the different pods we have here to connect with other locals, I'm sure everyone will love to meet you!
    Quote Originally Posted by merbro View Post
    Hi all,

I'm very new to this and just discovered this great community of merfolk. I'm a Louisiana guy in his early 30's who spends every moment possible in the pool and love the thought of being a real merman.

It's hard to meet men with a mer obsession so I hope there are many other men on here to get to know and learn from!
    Sent from my LM-G850 using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Chanteloupe13 View Post
    Hey there merbro! Nice to meet another southern mer! As you can tell, there are tons of great teachers and resources here in this forum, so please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns! I'm also very new to the community, i was FINALLY able to take my tails or for a test drive at a state park with a swimming area. With so many pools still closed, you have to get creative sometimes lol. I'd encourage you to look at the different pods we have here to connect with other locals, I'm sure everyone will love to meet you!

Thanks Chanteloupe! Wow, that tail is beautiful! Love the different shades of greens and that pattern. Very nice job

Dude, whaaat!? I had no idea there was a mer-cruise! That sounds amazing. Is there a good bit of mermen? I'm sure it's mostly female but just wondering. I'll have to look this up.
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/329146197962886
    Last time there was an author who would pose in a tail, but not swim due to medical issues. He was the only other man.

Let the storm rage on!

Lol, you can check out the production pics on The Mernation Thread! If you decide to go for a silicone tail, i definitely recommend Mernation. The customization choices and quality, as well as the price, is well worth it imo! Erin (the designer) works with you every step, and she is amazing at what she does. I also LOVE the smooth seams and color quality. I can't gush enough about them!
    Thanks Chanteloupe! Wow, that tail is beautiful! Love the different shades of greens and that pattern. Very nice job

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Welcome, merbro!NC guy in his mid-50s, here. I've been a member of the community since 2012, when I found MerNetwork quite by accident while googling for new players for the undersea D&D game I was running online at the time.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Quote Originally Posted by Chanteloupe13 View Post
    Lol, you can check out the production pics on The Mernation Thread! If you decide to go for a silicone tail, i definitely recommend Mernation. The customization choices and quality, as well as the price, is well worth it imo! Erin (the designer) works with you every step, and she is amazing at what she does. I also LOVE the smooth seams and color quality. I can't gush enough about them!

Love it! It's amazing how creative people can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    Welcome, merbro!NC guy in his mid-50s, here. I've been a member of the community since 2012, when I found MerNetwork quite by accident while googling for new players for the undersea D&D game I was running online at the time.
    Hi Merman Dan! I'm actually shocked to see so many mermen here. This is awesome. So were you a merman in your D&D games too? I imagine it was a great day when you first got that tail on.

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Nice to meet you! The world needs and deserves more mermen. You can't change my mind!