Thread: Underwater Fangs?

Underwater Fangs?

I know that this may be an unusual question, but can fake fangs (like the kind you get for Halloween) be worn underwater? If so do they last long and has there ever been any Mers that have incorporated them into their mermaid/merman persona?

Sent from my SM-G960U using MerNetwork mobile app

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    of course they can (unless you have some that are made from paper xD ).

If you wear them in chlorinated pools, they won't last forever, though. They will get discoloured pretty quickly too.
    But honestly I wouldn't advise opening your mouth underwater in public pools, ever.
    Use them in clean lakes or the ocean if you can.

I use mine only in my own pool, and they're part of my mersona because I'm a sea serpent.

Awesome and thank you for the advice about the pools too!

Hi I know its been a while, but where do you get your fangs from?

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I make mine myself from thermoplastic as I don't like the looks of preformed ones (and those rarely fit anyway).

Oh, ok. Thank you for the info! Do you know any videos I can watch that shows how to make them?

I'm not sure if your still in need of a tutorial or if you already found one but if you want a tutorial on fangs for your entire mouth like the Halloween ones then maybe follow this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoOezu6L938 but if you want just a couple individual fangs i would suggest this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1HdqsZ9cGw again not sure if your still looking for a tutorial but i hope this helps somebody.

Hi! I'm late to the thread here. I used thermoplastic as well. I'm just here to say that it usually pluck off easily after it's dried, even if it's a good fit. Please be careful with it!

@Mermaid Nivienne
    Thank you for bringing this up i really appreciate it as there could have been many unfortunate accidents should this issue have stayed in the dark. And while you should still be

cautious, there is a trick that was briefly touched on in one of the videos which was essentially to put some of the thermoplastic on the roof of your mouth to act as an anchor. And to reiterate, thank you for bringing the issue up Nivienne.
    Last edited by Eranthis; 08-28-2021 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Wrong font size.