Thread: CISPA Passed?!!

CISPA Passed?!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...party-support/

WOW. i dunno what to say

CISPA: Cybersecurity Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act
    Last edited by New York Mermaid; 04-27-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Wait, what?
    What is CISPA? o_O Isn't that the new SOPA or something?
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    Oh wow........
    Tenacity.

So it's like the SOPA act, but it has the word 'security' tacked onto it? This makes no sense.
    Someone please explain this bill to this mermaid...

In shor the bill will allow the government to spy on literally everything from random chat rooms to online banking.. so their watching forums and chatrooms even facebook, their looking for "cyberthreats"

So I guess we can't talk about the government behind their backs anymore. Ahhh and here everyone was fooled that America wasn't a police state.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Weren't they doing that anyways? : /
    They SAY they don't tap phones but you know they do xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I was about to say, Im pretty sure they do that anyway lol

This is the way this sort of thing works. They just change the name or say it's for the children and ram it through again. Like Jason or Freddie, bad bills never die. You have to keep fighting them.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

Yea that really sucks : /
    Screw the children, they shouldn't be on the internet anyway.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

it just passed the house, now it has to go through the senate. Not to mention Obama said that if the bill actually made it's way to him that he would veto it.

I don't really like Obama. It seems he lies about more things then not... I don't know if I would trust what he says. Ever.

Syrenia: I'm actually of the same opinion, it just for this one bill i'm hoping and praying he actually does stay true.

This is kinda cool- http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/80445

Also, to go with the first article, most of the Tea Party-ers voted yes, because what happens if anothe event like 9/11 happens. They would be blamed if they voted no, whee it could have been stopped if they had voted yes.
    Tenacity.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Also, to go with the first article, most of the Tea Party-ers voted yes, because what happens if anothe event like 9/11 happens. They would be blamed if they voted no, whee it could have been stopped if they had voted yes.
    God dammit, aren't the tea partiers good for anything? I mean, obviously they want to eradicate every program that helps the poor, but I thought they opposed huge expansions of government power. Sometimes it feels like the only unifying thing about their positions is that they all suck. Can't we just convince them that if CISPA passes Obama will use it to take away their guns or something?

My biggest problem with CISPA is that the gov't no longer needs probable cause. Also, online corporations like youtube and facebook, won't have any repercussions if they let some of your personal info be released.
    Tenacity.

Unfortunately, the Tea parties have been almost completely coopted by the GOP establishment. The original Ron Paul element has been almost totally purged out. They are all about fear now. They don't want us libertarian conservatives.
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift