Thread: Making a printed fabric tail, where to get it printed?

Making a printed fabric tail, where to get it printed?

I've been looking at all the tail makers. And sadly they are either too small (I'm a plus size mer) or they are gorgeous but way out of my price range and have really bad reviews from other plus size mers. So I've been looking into possibly designing my own. But I have no clue where to get fabric printed. Any one else tried this?
    <iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/xThuW1eGfUur5t9ug0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>via GIPHY

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSerpentessLeviatha View Post
    I've been looking at all the tail makers. And sadly they are either too small (I'm a plus size mer) or they are gorgeous but way out of my price range and have really bad reviews from other plus size mers. So I've been looking into possibly designing my own. But I have no clue where to get fabric printed. Any one else tried this?
    Its quite expensive to have your own printed spandex. Its cheaper to buy pre-printed fabric and make your own tail from there. There are a lot of youtube videos that show you how to sew with stretch fabric, how to add elastic and how to sew you own mermaid tail.

Spandex World is a good place to shop.

https://spandexworld.com/

I've bought spandex from there before, and although the shipping to Australia was more than the actual shopping, they've got a good variety of prints to choose from.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Its quite expensive to have your own printed spandex. Its cheaper to buy pre-printed fabric and make your own tail from there. There are a lot of youtube videos that show you how to sew with stretch fabric, how to add elastic and how to sew you own mermaid tail.

Spandex World is a good place to shop.

https://spandexworld.com/

I've bought spandex from there before, and although the shipping to Australia was more than the actual shopping, they've got a good variety of prints to choose from.
    Thank you I understand its pricey, but no harm in getting a quote I'm also looking for scuba knit. I prefer that over spandex now. Been in spandex for 6 years

Maybe check out Courtney Mermaid? https://www.vancouvermermaid.ca/ She makes custom printed tails, including the measurements. I'm sure she could give you a quote!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel
    I second mer Emma’s suggestion Courtney Mermaid is the Absolute best I would recomendable her a thousand times over...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus