Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hi, I made this account awhile back but I've been busy and just getting around to posting now that I'm on spring break. My love for mermaids started years ago when I started watching H2O just add water, as I'm sure it started there for many others too. The tails used in the show have always consumed my mind and it has been a childhood turned grown up goal to make a replica tail and top for myself. I know that these tails can be looked down upon amongst many people in the community for performative and swimming purposes (if you feel that way that is totally alright and I understand!) I really only want to create one for the art of it and just to have it, but I do plan on improving my swimming in the coming years to hopefully be able to do minor amounts of swimming in it (with lots of supervision of course) I have so much planned and I hope to share bits of my journey here if anyone is interested

Hello it's lovely to meet you! My love of mermaids also started with H2O, when i was younger my siblings and i would all crowd around the TV to watch the episodes as they came out, then we would pretend we were mermaids in the pool. As for the performance of tails similar to the ones used in H2O and Mako Mermaids, as long as you use techniques similar to those used in commercial silicone tails you should be fine, of course as with any tail even fabric you should still have a dedicated life guard specifically there to save your life and yours in particular. Personally i would quite like to see how your H2O tail comes out in the end but don't be discouraged if you don't get it right on the first try as most mers who attempt to make their own silicone tails often have to try multiple times before they get it.