Thread: Fabric tail with vinyl insert

Fabric tail with vinyl insert

Hello all! I am looking for a fabric tail with a vinyl insert. I love the look of a big fluke. Right now the monofins i have are the Mermaid Linden adult fin and the Mertailor Fantasea 1 fin. Are there any makers I should check out with tails under $250 that might fit one of these fins? I can also get a new monofin if i need to. I think my maximum budget for tail and monofin is $250. Thank you so much in advance! I am so excited to finally join this forum~
    Last edited by Mermaid Sage; 04-19-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    It doesn't have a vinyl insert, but Neried Studios has tails for under 200 at the moment. I've seen good things about them and when I get mine I'm going to have a look and see if I could modify it to hold a vinyl insert instead of having the open bottom they come with. Their tails would fit both your minofins though

Quote Originally Posted by MerDragon View Post
    It doesn't have a vinyl insert, but Neried Studios has tails for under 200 at the moment. I've seen good things about them and when I get mine I'm going to have a look and see if I could modify it to hold a vinyl insert instead of having the open bottom they come with. Their tails would fit both your minofins though
    Thank you so much! I will check them out!

FinFun just came out with a new line of tails that have vinyl inserts, although they might be a little bit out of your price range.

Hey guys! Could you please tell me where I can buy high-qualite heat transfer vinyl for my mermaid tail? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie View Post
    Hey guys! Could you please tell me where I can buy high-qualite heat transfer vinyl for my mermaid tail? Thanks in advance for your answers!
    I made the cutest mermaid tail for my niece's 5th birthday! I wanted something special she could really play in. I cut a fabric mermaid tail pattern out of a shimmery purple fabric. Then I inserted a vinyl fin down the back seam. The vinyl kept the fin upright and swishy! I used some awesome puff vinyl from Transwonder for the fin. Their vinyls come in so many magical colors and effects. The vinyl fin moved just like a real mermaid's tail as she swam around the pool at her party! All the little mermaids were so jealous and wanted tails too. The vinyl fin held up perfectly and looked amazing. I can't wait to make more with glitter and puff heat transfer vinyls for my Etsy shop. Definitely check out puffvinyl.com for gorgeous, quality vinyls!
    Last edited by artorias; 11-07-2023 at 03:41 PM.