Thread: hey y'all !

Follow MermanReef On Twitter
    Follow MermanReef on Tumblr

hey y'all !

Nice to meet y'all! I'm Nicholas, but my mersona name is Reef. I've wanted to get into mermaiding since 2019, but 2020 kind of threw a wrench into things haha. I now own a FinFun monofin and the Barracuda Black tail skin to start off :D I hope to upgrade to the Northern Lights Atlantis tail skin once I'm used to my Barracuda Black, since it's closer to my colors, and later I hope to purchase similar tails and monofins from tail makers like the Mertailor. I hope to one day be able to create my own tails, both out of fabric and out of silicone, and, even though it would probably be a side thing to my day job, it sounds like a dream to be employed for a company that makes silicone tails and to preform merfolk shows at aquariums. Right now I consider myself a hobbyist merman though, and it's been a great journey

Hi.Nice to meet you!! I am new myself. Haven’t swam in my tail yet :o it’s still being made ��

Nice to meet you too!! That’s awesome I got to swim in my monofin a few times earlier this year (it was a little chilly but I was really determined haha), but I haven’t been able to try swimming in the full tail skin+monofin combo yet. Who’s making your tail?

Im trying to book a time to use the pool, haha. Mine is mertailor, it’s the fantasea violet abyss “too”. Whose making yours ?

That’s a gorgeous tail! Goodluck getting a good time booked at the pool! My tail is a FinFun, but I love Mertailor’s Electric Teal Whimsy Fantasea tail, if I can request a dorsal on mine that would be perfect for me

Oh nice ! That’s awesome.yeah hoping to go next week as it’s my birthday !

Oh cool happy (early) birthday! 🎉

Thank you it’s not til June 9th but my monofin is coming earlier than expected! So I feel that in its self is reason to celebrate !

Junior Member Pod of The South Cyrilla's Avatar
    I also have a fin fun tail and have been loving it but would kill to have the money to buy a mertailor right this minute! the Electric Teal is SOOOO pretty.. is teal your color of choice? It is definitely my top choice!
    Dannie AKA Mermaid Cyrilla

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrilla View Post
    I also have a fin fun tail and have been loving it but would kill to have the money to buy a mertailor right this minute! the Electric Teal is SOOOO pretty.. is teal your color of choice? It is definitely my top choice!
    Yes!! It’s gorgeous, I hope to have one one day too What finfun(s) do you currently have?

Mine is tidal teal I believe? Not 100% sure that is the color name. I got it in a bundle with matching leggings the monofin and tail skin.
    I want to work on making my mersona more of a river mer at some point so the teal doesn’t suit that really but I still love teal so much ❤️

Just looked up the tail and Wow! That’s beautiful!!
    Super understandable! I plan to also get tails that don’t match my main mersona perfectly. Keeps things a little more interesting :3 Excited to see your river mer tail/design! I always think it’s fun to see more uncommon/unique merfolks and mersonas

I will have to get the money together to make a custom tail bc I haven’t seen any that are ready made that say “river mer” to me so it will probably be a while unfortunately but for now I’m going to enjoy every teal tail I can make an excuse to buy hahaha
    Dannie AKA Mermaid Cyrilla

Sounds like a fun project! Goodluck with it

Hi! I'm new here too. It's nice to meet you! I'm trying to save up for the Copper Fish Whimsy Fantasea Tail on Mertailor!

It’s nice to meet you too! Welcome to the forums That tail’s beautiful!! I hope you can get it soon!

Hello Reef! I'm so jealous, when i upgraded to the fin fun AMP monofin i really wanted the Barracuda Black tail skin but they were sold out.
    I'm going to start saving for the fantasea fin 1 this winter but i know i'll have to settle for just the monofin for a while after that because of how so very expensive the tails are.
    Although i am considering getting the mermaid Linden monofin by body glove but who knows.