Thread: New here :}

New here :}

Hello all, I am interested in mermaiding, I'm here to lurk and learn, I will probably buy a fabric tail sometime to try it out, but I'd love to do something with it in the future. For fun! My mersona's name is Myuna, I have had a love for mermaids for as long as I can remember. I'm a big fan of fantasy in general, but mermaids have always been my number 1, I'm also a fan of Octomaids. I always dreamed of it from afar but I'm so jealous of people who get to put on their tails and live their dreams and I think I'm ready to do it as well. Excited to soak up info and hopefully make some new friends. Even if I don't make anything physical of it, having an area where I can geek out about mermaids for a little bit with likeminded people is a plus in my book. Happy Swimming!

Hi! Yeah Octomaids are cool too. Happy swimming and geeking here .

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    welcome!
    unusual types of mers are always interesting. I remember someone planning an octopus tail years ago, we even discussed how to swim in it to make it look believable (make a bunch of fake legs at the hips, have your legs in the midst, and then swim scissorkick), but I don't think it ever got made.
    It would be very cool to see someone swim in something like that.

They are! Thank you 😊 I’m excited

It would be super interesting, and I imagine very heavy hahaha. I also think some really well executed frog kicks could be part of the mix. I’d be interested in seeing what could be imagined into reality. 😊

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    ah yes, frog kicks would do nicely if done right, and if all the fake legs would move with it. That's actually what I meant^^

if the costume were made from fabric, I don't think it would have to be heavy, the fake legs would be like trailers. Might create some drag of course, but not heavy
    (at least underwater).

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    ah yes, frog kicks would do nicely if done right, and if all the fake legs would move with it. That's actually what I meant^^

if the costume were made from fabric, I don't think it would have to be heavy, the fake legs would be like trailers. Might create some drag of course, but not heavy
    (at least underwater).
    I imagine if you used slow movements and allowed yourself to fall back just a little in the water before making the next forward movement it would allow for the limbs to float upward for just a moment giving the frog kick a much realistic movement with the rest of the limbs. I see it in my head but I have no idea if it would execute properly, regardless I’m now officially SUPER interested in this theory, I might have to add an octomaid to my interests, or even some kind of jellyfish folk, the fabric would probably look more natural in that regard. Fun!! Haha

I love this idea octo-maids and jellyfolk have always been a special interest of mine

Quote Originally Posted by SereiaTitania View Post
    I love this idea octo-maids and jellyfolk have always been a special interest of mine
    Seriously could be so much fun, gonna have to explore more options!

You know, for some reason, I have never given much thought to octomaids, but the idea of creating legs and the use of a frog kick is super creative!