Thread: Hello from Switzerland

Junior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Maija's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Maija on Facebook

Talking Hello from Switzerland

Hi everyone,

My name is Maija and I'm a mermaid from switzeralnd. (Language EN, DE)
    I started mermaiding a few years ago and really enjoy how fast and elegant swimming with a monofin is.
    Usually I just go swimming by myself but it would be fun to meet some new people and talk about tail making.

I really enjoy crafting, did also sew my fist mermaidtail by myself because it was nearly impossible to find a tail for a hydra monofin. But now I have a Mahina with a fabric tail. However I'm planning on sewing a neoprene tail, but that's another story.

Anyways, wish you all a great day! <3

Hi,

the Hydra is the one used in a Mermaid Kat tail. There are two collections. The old one which is using the almost flat end monofin and the new collection, which is using a version, that the Mermaid Kat Shop has slightly customized for mermaiding. I do own the latter but I learned it with the old Hydra.

Beside the Kat one, I own two other skins:
    One customized from nereidshop.com and one self made both for a waterway Mermaid Monofin.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Junior Member Euro Pod Mermaid Maija's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Maija on Facebook
    Haha yes I did also start with the old Hydra. And at that time I learned about Mermaid Kat tails just after I boght the Hydra and then it was like... whatever, I'll sew my own tail.

Oh ok, i didn't knew about waterway mermaid monofin nor nereidshop but they look really cool.

There are a lot of tail makers out there and this forum has quite a good list. However it is still incomplete.

I own that waterway monofin because I need a harder fin than the others out there. Sadly, no default skin fits on it but you can get it in any shoe size you need.

Hello Maija, glad you could join the community!