Thread: Mermaid Linden Monofin Strap Heel broken

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mermaid Linden Monofin Strap Heel broken

Hey everyone,

my 2 monofins of the "mermaid linden" bodyglove brand, have their strap heel broken. Like the rubber just snapped, just if it was cut with a knife.

It is very frustrating....

Does anyone had this problem before and is there any way to replace the strap heel?

It seems on bodyglove/mermaid linden website that they don't sell any replacements

Hugs,

Jess

Body Glove will sell you a replacement, you just have to email their customer service and they'll set you up

I wrote to them in August, this is their reply:

"Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry to hear about your monofin strap. We do offer a limited 1-year warranty with valid proof of purchase. Could you provide a copy of your receipt?

Side note: I am currently out of stock on replacement straps, but I’m expecting a shipment around 8/30.

Thanks,
    L. M."

my answer back to them

"Hello again,

Thank you very much.

I live actually in Switzerland, would it be possible to even order 4 or 6 replacement straps to be sure if anything happens, to have a replacement (to avoid multiple packages at a great cost).

We ordered also recently some monofins also for our mermaiding school In thônex (Geneva) so having replacement straps by the side would help us in case it happens?

Thank you "

their reply

"Jessica,

I can only replace the straps for the monofins depicted on your receipt.

Thanks,
    L. M."

So the problem about this situation, is that if you have to order a replacement of a heel strap, you have to wait weeks and even months to have it....if you are in a hurry (like a travel, etc...) you have to buy another monofin. And that is annoying and frustrating, specially when you live abroad.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    If you haven't already, do a search for, Fin Strap Replacement, and get the one with little holes on it. The silicone is much thicker than the Linden straps.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Going to search for it, thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    If you haven't already, do a search for, Fin Strap Replacement, and get the one with little holes on it. The silicone is much thicker than the Linden straps.
    Do you have a link? I don't know if I going the correct one.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

If the Mermaid Linden straps are tugged too firmly, they may snap. Instead of loosening and tightening the straps when putting them on, set the suitable foot size, undertale yellow then slide the strap over the heel.