Thread: Ladonna Mermaid Thailand - legitimacy?

Junior Member Pod of Oceania coro-mer's Avatar

Ladonna Mermaid Thailand - legitimacy?

Hi everyone! I’m new to this forum and the mermaid culture in general, although I’m more of a merman or merperson, I’m non-binary. I’ve recently purchased my first monofin (a Linden) and ordered a Mertailor Guppy tail to use while I learn and make my own tail (I’ve got reasonable sewing skills and I’ve done my research). Neither of these have arrived yet, as I live in New Zealand and shipping times are horrendous, but that’s beside the point.

Anyway, I’ve been seeing a lot of content on Instagram, both ads and standard posts, from a company called Ladonna Mermaid based in Thailand, and I can’t find much info on them anywhere. I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them, and how trustworthy the company is? Their tails are absolutely gorgeous but seem extraordinarily cheap for custom-sized fabric tails (around $250 USD, give or take).

If this is a legitimate company, does anyone know what monofins their tails fit? I don’t want to buy another monofin until the first one arrives and I know for sure that I’ll like mermaiding, although I can’t imagine I won’t! I’ve grown up practically in the ocean and spend a lot of time snorkelling, I’m also a certified open water diver.

Side-note: I know a majority of tailmakers make tails for the Mahina, but I personally don’t like the shape of it, so I’d like to avoid that one if I can.

Thanks so much for reading this!! Hope you have a great day :)
    [ Reid - they/them - New Zealand ]

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    if it looks too good to be true, it usually is. i wouldn't trust it as it may be one of the myriad of scammers out there.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    They use a knock off Fin Fun monofin.
    Formerly known as ireneho