Thread: New Merman!

New Merman!

Hello, I'm very new to the community
    Just purchased my first tail and can't wait to receive it! I'm a trans man in NYC who has been interested in merfolk since I was a child.
    I was unaware till recently about the community and held off on getting a tail previously because I did not know where I would use it. A friend of mine who just so happens to be more in the know then I am made me aware of various conventions and events, so finally I am trying to get involved after so many years. I plan on signing up for a level one free diving certification so I can train myself to swim like a pro. I've only used a monofin on my own since I discovered them when I was 14. I learned the dolphin kick thanks to a friend, who at the time was doing competitive swimming when we were kids. Looking forward to getting to know more of you and make friends

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    A warm welcome from Sydney, Australia!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by MerHel View Post
    Hello, I'm very new to the community
    Just purchased my first tail and can't wait to receive it! I'm a trans man in NYC who has been interested in merfolk since I was a child.
    I was unaware till recently about the community and held off on getting a tail previously because I did not know where I would use it. A friend of mine who just so happens to be more in the know then I am made me aware of various conventions and events, so finally I am trying to get involved after so many years. I plan on signing up for a level one free diving certification so I can train myself to swim like a pro. I've only used a monofin on my own since I discovered them when I was 14. I learned the dolphin kick thanks to a friend, who at the time was doing competitive swimming when we were kids. Looking forward to getting to know more of you and make friends
    Hey there! I’m not too far from you maybe we could meet up for a swim sometime! Welcome btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Merman Merhel, welcome to the community.

Hi! My name Tina!

Follow Mer_Cintha On Twitter Add Mer_Cintha on Facebook
    Visit Mer_Cintha's Youtube Channel
    Hey MerHel,
    Welcome and hello from the Netherlands (EU)

Your story is so relatable, I have been on my own & in the dark about possibillitis as a mermaid for way too long too! (I swam mostly alone with one friend (who also had a bit of a different liking; bathingsuits instead of normal mans wear...) and we mostly went by nightfall so we had tge lake all for ourselves...)
    I recently posted my first things here too, after a while of only reading...
    Hope you have now finally found your place here in te communityy, and make many nice friends!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G981B met Tapatalk