Thread: Custom fabric tails fitting the Hydra?

Question Custom fabric tails fitting the Hydra?

Hey,
    I searched a bit and couldn't find an answer in the existing logs - sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section: What fabric-tails would fit the MermaidKat Hydra? I am super happy with that Monofin, but I'm not super exited about the MermaidKat fabric tail designs. As I'm thinking about getting a custom fabric tail, I would like to order it from a place that can fit it to the Hydra.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I checked the MermaidKat Hydra size vs the Finfun monofin. The Finfun one is shorter by 13 cm, 5 inches. Most likely this means if you try A Finfun skin it will try to pull down off your waist as the skin will be 5 inches too short. So, not recommended.

Aquamermaid makes a very similar monofin, about the same size. That may be an option. But I have never tried one.
    Last edited by Merman Storm; 10-03-2021 at 09:05 PM.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Aquamermaid does not make the monofins. She buys them from China and puts her label on it. I know because I have the same monofin, the blue one with wavy fin lines, which I bought from an Ebay seller way before she took stock of all the fins from the company, and now I can't even buy a replacement unless I buy it from Aquamermaid!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    I checked the MermaidKat Hydra size vs the Finfun monofin. The Finfun one is shorter by 13 cm, 5 inches. Most likely this means if you try A Finfun skin it will try to pull down off your waist as the skin will be 5 inches too short. So, not recommended.

Aquamermaid makes a very similar monofin, about the same size. That may be an option. But I have never tried one.
    Thank you for checking and giving specific measurments!

I am looking for a place with good work ethics and quality to order from

You could buy tail skins that fit the Mahina, Fantasea 3, Fantasea 4, and either trim it down, leave it or add vinyl.

Though, its much cheaper to buy your own fabric and make the tail yourself.

Is not there a tail skin and monofin compatibility thread?

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    There is but I haven't seen any new additions for off beat monofins! By off beat, I mean for monofins that nobody else is using. I've got two, my Powerfins monofin and the Ebay monofin.

Quote Originally Posted by fabianfrz View Post
    I didn't find it when I searched. I think this website does an amazing job at being newbie-friendly but I still got overwhelmed^^
    If you can point me in the right direction, I'd be thankful

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    You could buy tail skins that fit the Mahina, Fantasea 3, Fantasea 4, and either trim it down, leave it or add vinyl.

Though, its much cheaper to buy your own fabric and make the tail yourself.
    Thank you so much! I have a design in mind that would require me to be able to print (or to know what kind of colors hold up to chlorine water on a spandex without being bad for the water )

One hesitates to put oneself forward but if you're still looking for options, I'm reasonably confident my stuff would fit a cut Hydra like that: https://www.mer-made.com
    ('cut' like Kat's vs. something like https://www.scubastore.com/scuba-div...onofin/31961/p )

I know the Angelfish-template tails fits the Mahina so that should be a pretty good sign.

Feel free to DM (social media account is probably better) if you have any questions!