Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giant Clam Shell Prop

Maybe attach a decorated, big umbrella to some kind of base? It would have the general shape you are looking for, even without major modifications.

You can make one out of wood thats what we did for our peter pan show at my school
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    I must have a shell chair now! These props have got to be the cutest things! :3
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."

I have a couple of friends who use 'giant clam shell' props for various stage acts and they use kids paddling pools - this is the kind of thing I mean. You could probably get bigger if you looked for them at a toy store or somewhere like that?

It looks pretty naff as it is but I think the girls I know who use them sand them down or something to remove the shine off the plastic then they spray with pearl effect spray paint (it takes a couple of coats) and spray paint - add drapes of soft pink fabric to the inside and you're good to go
    xx
    Nouveau Showgirl: International Heart-Breaker and Trouble-Maker
    www.miamerode.co.uk
    xx

I want one too now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Merode View Post
    I have a couple of friends who use 'giant clam shell' props for various stage acts and they use kids paddling pools - this is the kind of thing I mean. You could probably get bigger if you looked for them at a toy store or somewhere like that?

It looks pretty naff as it is but I think the girls I know who use them sand them down or something to remove the shine off the plastic then they spray with pearl effect spray paint (it takes a couple of coats) and spray paint - add drapes of soft pink fabric to the inside and you're good to go
    xx
    You can probably use this pool for a mould too. And useable plaster or something light weight and sand down that harsh corner where the side meets the bottom to make it round

These are really cool! I especially like the oyster chair Spindrift found. On my list of things to buy
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

These are just wow

Haven't been on this thread for a while. Thank you for all the help everyone Hopefully sometime in the future, when I have more money available, I can get something.

Those dish shaped snow sleds? cut, paint and hinge! I might make one, lol
    http://imagesus.homeaway.com/mda01/9...7d9261f84.1.12
    Haters gonna Hate >:/ , Lovers gonna Love <3, Creepers gonna Creep O_o
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Madeleine".

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Merode View Post

xx

do you have a picture of the result?

Don't know whether you might be able to get some ideas from this prop?

http://youtu.be/TVGr5P-Pr0Q

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    Omg... that video.. I need that clam, and I need to be that flexible, skinny and strong. That's it, power diet, ton of exercise and super stretching. That's so awesome Aptamer!
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose_Angel View Post
    Omg... that video.. I need that clam, and I need to be that flexible, skinny and strong. That's it, power diet, ton of exercise and super stretching. That's so awesome Aptamer!
    Kind of amazing, I have to agree

I liked how she has a pearl to go with her clam, and there's a shelf it can sit in in the upper shell.

my husband happens to have a giant plastic clam shell in the attic I want to dig out and make into something.....but that blowup one was adorable! I bet you could make one super cheap! I'd dig out a negative space in the dirt in the backyard in the wave shape of the scallops and just pour something in there to make a cast.
    User formerly known as "Tarapotamus".

I would like to have a portable one for cons.

yeah, we have talked about buying a wheelchair and modding it to take to cons before. I also wonder if I could put the seashell on a wagon or something...
    User formerly known as "Tarapotamus".

What about those folding circular chairs? Name:  473984910_636.JPG
Views: 3141
Size:  40.4 KB

Mermaid Photine
    Previously known as Memaid Pandorah

Senior Member Pod of The South Aziara's Avatar
    this would be lovely The Finfolk girls had a giant clam built for one of their Renaissance fairs. And here's a link I found where you can buy one of those clamshell kiddie pools. http://www.windmill.net.au/active-pl...and-water-clam
    Also known as Salina Tideglow

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Hammacher Schlemmer has one

(Formerly known as Æolius)