Hello everyone, my name is Doug and I hail from northwestern Pennsylvania in the United States (Lake Erie region). I've recently discovered this fascinating community of ocean lovers and I want to introduce myself and learn more about you all.

Truth be told, I don't have aims of becoming a mer-man myself, but I do have a passionate love for the water... freshwater lakes and saltwater oceans alike. I'm an explorer who delights in diving any chance I get (which is never as often as I'd like). I currently operate an ambient pressure submersible (wet sub) and I'm working on overhauling a K-250 one-atmosphere submersible (dry sub) as well. These small submarines are not only exciting to operate, but are excellent tools for exploration, observation, videography, experimentation and learning. It's my goal to inspire the next generation of oceanographers. Anyhoo, getting a bit off track I guess.

I love the ocean and I'm looking for a soulmate who shares my passion. When I stumbled upon this awesome community last summer (on YouTube, watching videos) it occurred to me that it might be a terrific place to find a woman. So I'm going to spend some time here getting to know anyone who's still active on this board, and hopefully at least making some friends. I'm currently 28 years old, so interested in the 23 - 33 (F) age range. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I'm very open.

I'm planning a trip down to Islamorada, Florida in November with my smaller submersible for some ocean exploration - would be fun to meet up with some of you mer-people in Florida! ~ Doug