Thread: Greetings and Salutations!

Greetings and Salutations!

Hi there! I used to have an account, but never posted on it, and since then a lot about me has changed. I also couldn't remember my old login, so I made a new account-
    My "new" mer-name is Maėran, and I live in England. As I'm sure a lot of my fellow UK based merfolk know, it's suuuuper hard to find a pool that lets you wear a tail in the water, and the beach isn't always the best option with how awful the weather tends to be. That's kinda why I'm here actually, to find somewhere that would let me swim that I wouldn't have to leave the country for, because going too far out isn't really a thing I can do.

Anyway, I hope to meet some cool people here, and find a place where I can nerd out about the ocean <3

Welcome to the forum Maeran! Unfortunately it looks like this place is pretty well dead. I introduced myself about a week ago and it's been crickets (other than for spammers). What a bummer that so many pools disallow the use of tails - perhaps lobbying for change in policy could get the pendulum swinging in the other direction. While I'm not a tail swimmer myself, I share your passion for the ocean. Whether it's a pool, lake or ocean, I love the sensation of floating neutrally in the water, suspended and 'weightless' in the drink.

Perhaps there are still a few legit members here who we can converse with. Otherwise I wouldn't waste your time with this place. ~ Doug S. (Pennsylvania, USA)