Page 423 of 423 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423
Results 8,441 to 8,447 of 8447

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Thank you everybody.

Her name was Morrigan. She was a mixed breed, black, very funny and energetic. Her caregivers said they did not detected anything because she was playing until her last breathe. She was intelligent and funny. I found her in a diffusion webpage six years ago, and I fell in love with her. When I was suffering for anything, she was there always.
    This was the longest time I left her in a dog hotel, until I come back to Spain, and it breaks my heart thinking she will be not with me anymore.

I'm really sad with this.

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    she sounds like she was amazing
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight" - Janet Fitch
    grays harbor mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by inanna View Post
    she sounds like she was amazing

Yes, she was great. But it does not discourage me. I'm going to adopt another one once I come back to Spain.

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Angry.
    I wrote a strong email to the YMCA today. I was told on tour I could bring my monofin. Signed up. Got all the way to the water two days later and was stopped by a lifeguard and told no, no Y allows them and the regional swim manager and boss told the lifeguard it wasn't allowed at ANY Y, which from reading on here I know is untrue. I do not like runarounds. I also do not like being THAT person.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaSelkie View Post
    Angry.
    I wrote a strong email to the YMCA today. I was told on tour I could bring my monofin. Signed up. Got all the way to the water two days later and was stopped by a lifeguard and told no, no Y allows them and the regional swim manager and boss told the lifeguard it wasn't allowed at ANY Y, which from reading on here I know is untrue. I do not like runarounds. I also do not like being THAT person.

Don't know which is worse -- to see an org with its left hand so utterly ignorant of what its right hand is doing, or be reminded how quick pools are to clamp down on anyone who might be having fun in the name of 'safety'.

In any case, here's wishing you all the best! Hope you find a place you can swim quickly.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

I feel you guys on that one. I tried to swim the other day with my Sandtail betta at a municipal pool with a friend. We weren't expecting as many folks, but happily shared one lane... until they put a third person in from the swim team/class in the open area "because he was a slow swimmer"

It made the already narrow lane cramped, but I could manage it, until I was called over and told by the (at least apologetic) lifeguard that the supervisor felt the fluke was a hitting hazard, and if I had a smaller fin. I was ok with just using the Mahina anyways, since I wasn't in strong enough condition to handle the betta skin at the time. NOPE - her reasoning was the flared tips would still hurt someone, even though I clearly turned sideways or dove under passing people to avoid hitting them. They then tried to push their free-to-use smaller bi-fins on me, but I refused knowing they would not be strong enough for what I wanted to do that night, and we promptly left.

Friend was a bit appalled as well, saying they weren't as busy when he swam before, but that it also wasn't OK to shove a third person in an already full lane when the others only had one person in them when it was clear the two people using it were going quite fast along the lane.

>:\

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaSelkie View Post
    Angry.

Ugh, why is so hard for places to just settle on a monofin policy instead of every employee and manager saying something different?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork