Page 420 of 430 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,400 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusauriel View Post
    People listen to who they choose, and gang up on anyone they don't like or feel threatened by, and that just isn't right. At the same time, you all seem to think that everyone has to be the same and get along on the same level. We aren't, and we don't. Just wearing a fake tail does NOT make us all compatible. There should be a lot more to everyone than whether or not you have a tail, and what kind it is. Or who you "support". We are people, in costumes, that like to swim. Yes, it can be more than that, but that is NOT the only thing. It is not ok that certain people in this group are allowed to harass and beat down anyone they feel like, while those people being harassed are not even given a chance to be heard. This is not a community. It 's a battleground for people with no empathy, and a playpen for children that don't have a clue.
    drama thread 4 community complaint. This thread no mer stuff bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina the Selkie View Post
    Yup! This thread is absolutely for complaining about your regular day to say life. Which is why your post in it is better suited to the Drama Thread, as it pertains specifically to the community!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sabrina right ---> she show you de wey

Quote Originally Posted by lotusauriel View Post
    No. Because I am just bitching about what I am seeing and experiencing. I did not post this to become just another argument. The fact that you think it has to be "drama" so that people see it says a lot.
    She no think this. admin said b4 that this thread is not mer just outside community.

Alright, which one of you ladies inspired this meme? You should be worried if:
    >You have red hair
    >You're an animator
    >You made your new boyfriend watch the entire series of H2O shortly after meeting him.

https://imgur.com/gallery/alkj9km
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    Alright, which one of you ladies inspired this meme? You should be worried if:
    >You have red hair
    >You're an animator
    >You made your new boyfriend watch the entire series of H2O shortly after meeting him.

https://imgur.com/gallery/alkj9km

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    whoever is meant by that: girl, ditch that shoddy bf.
    He doesn't care about you and your interests, he's just there because you are "hot".

Find a diver, underwater TOG, or merman instead! ...You can thank me later.

Eh, I can understand anyone's frustration if they got into a new relationship and it turns out that their new partner only ever talked about one subject. It was dumb that he went to imgur about it rather than talking it out with her though. I think both parties can learn from this. They either need to work some things out or go their separate ways.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    ok so i'm at college and im waiting in the lounge of the math building and this couple next to me literally starts making out its been like this for almost 3 minuets now.
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

I hate it when guys mansplain things. They r like explaining a JPEG to me while I’m working at APPLE. Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

So this is something I need to get off my chest. I have worked as a mermaid entertainer at pirate festival, local festivals, ren fairs, photoshoots, a few kids parties, for my own pleasure, and was even on tv once and published in magazines. I am in NO WAY as famous as some of you other lovelies out there, but I feel at least I can call myself a mermaid entertainer. I have gotten away from the mermaiding on an entertaining level because of some rather horrible people trying to use my mer group as their "outs" to be at a festival and drink and be naughty in a tail.

Skip ahead to now when I have my own small business making custom tumbler cups, shirts, and decals. One of the ladies who admins a group I am a part of (being of the cup/shirt crowd) is proud to make a cup for a Singapore professional mermaid. Awesome! I am about 98% sure I know who it is based on what this person wants their new cup to look like. Someone commented "thats so awesome to be a cup maker making a cup for a mermaid!" one of my friends replied "How would you like to talk to a mermaid who makes cups?" then tagged me (mind you over half of this group--3k+ people-- have seen my tails) I do not agree with her comment fully as it can be considered rude. However, what transpired after is worse. The person making the cup blatently told her friends in private chat and in offhanded comments that if I was a mermaid, how come I never get hired or I am not well known to the public. She has tails but that doesn't mean she uses them!

I was shocked. I wanted to respect this person so much as a leader in the business arena. But now......

Anyways I just had to get that off my chest. It has made me question everything. Do I sell my tails since I only enjoy it for myself and exercise now? Do I get out of the small business I have started because she just makes me detest going and looking at that page now, etc etc. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer_Adella View Post
    So this is something I need to get off my chest. I have worked as a mermaid entertainer at pirate festival, local festivals, ren fairs, photoshoots, a few kids parties, for my own pleasure, and was even on tv once and published in magazines. I am in NO WAY as famous as some of you other lovelies out there, but I feel at least I can call myself a mermaid entertainer. I have gotten away from the mermaiding on an entertaining level because of some rather horrible people trying to use my mer group as their "outs" to be at a festival and drink and be naughty in a tail.

Skip ahead to now when I have my own small business making custom tumbler cups, shirts, and decals. One of the ladies who admins a group I am a part of (being of the cup/shirt crowd) is proud to make a cup for a Singapore professional mermaid. Awesome! I am about 98% sure I know who it is based on what this person wants their new cup to look like. Someone commented "thats so awesome to be a cup maker making a cup for a mermaid!" one of my friends replied "How would you like to talk to a mermaid who makes cups?" then tagged me (mind you over half of this group--3k+ people-- have seen my tails) I do not agree with her comment fully as it can be considered rude. However, what transpired after is worse. The person making the cup blatently told her friends in private chat and in offhanded comments that if I was a mermaid, how come I never get hired or I am not well known to the public. She has tails but that doesn't mean she uses them!

I was shocked. I wanted to respect this person so much as a leader in the business arena. But now......

Anyways I just had to get that off my chest. It has made me question everything. Do I sell my tails since I only enjoy it for myself and exercise now? Do I get out of the small business I have started because she just makes me detest going and looking at that page now, etc etc. Thank you all.
    That IS awful, Adella I'm sure you'll have a good customer base outside that page though, I don't think you'll need to wind up just because of one person. If her friends are decent people, they'll know that what she's saying is totally irrelevant.

We both know a possible motive, but I hope they'll see through it.

You could "fight back" by posting throwbacks of your past events, but on the whole I hope the group has enough people who'll see the truth--and have the common sense to know a pro career isn't going to last forever.

All the best!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    That IS awful, Adella I'm sure you'll have a good customer base outside that page though, I don't think you'll need to wind up just because of one person. If her friends are decent people, they'll know that what she's saying is totally irrelevant.

We both know a possible motive, but I hope they'll see through it.

You could "fight back" by posting throwbacks of your past events, but on the whole I hope the group has enough people who'll see the truth--and have the common sense to know a pro career isn't going to last forever.

All the best!
    thats what I am hoping that if I just take the high road people will “see” the bad parts for themselves. I would never tell a person that they weren’t a pro for doing something they love and/or is unique. It boggles the mind.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    It's 5am on the west coast and I'm awake. Either it was too humid, or nightmares kept me up. I havent been sleeping very well because of stress, too many things on my mind I guess.

Some time back, maybe April or March my parents took legal action against each other. My father decided that my siblings and I staying silent, and staying out of it meant we were taking sides, disowned the lot of us. Got his hands on personal items and destroyed them and then one by one began spreading vicious lies and rumors to our extended family about us. This is spurned on by a new girlfriend of his whom I can only assume knows he's got a sizable inheritance coming his way and wants as many people out of the picture as possible. The antagonism is admittedly hard to avoid and I got drawn into it, so much so I was told I needed to take a paternity test to prove my legitimacy.

This is partially why I vanished from March until recently, and while I'd like to say I'm largely past it, it's something I still think about when I sleep from time to time and leads to me waking up much earlier than usual. I can safely say I'm really not in the trenches on this one, just a unwilling target that's caught in the crosshairs and easy to hate on for some obvious reasons. My response normally is to turtle up and pull into a shell but for some reason yesterday I snapped and said "nope". Posted some pictures of myself in my mertail (something I've not done in the two years I've had it) for my family to see, and just decided to be me hoping to regain ground on spaces that I made my own online.

I guess this is less of a b!itc# than I initially thought, more of a reminder to myself and anyone else. Never give up bits of yourself even if you think it'll save you grief. Sure there's times where it's good to dim the lights a bit to get out of a dangerous place but I regret doing that on my social media, allowing people into areas of my life that made me feel like I needed to moderate who I was has been one of the most toxic choices I've made.
    Last edited by Arking; 06-07-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Arking, I am so sorry to read about your stress...money turns people into assholes. Kind of makes me glad that my family was always poor - no one had anything to fight over except little, dumb crap.

But good for you! Photos of you in your tail makes you happy, then damn what everyone else thinks! I hope you post them here so we can all see how fabulous you look!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I feel like everyone in this thread right now could use a nice glass of wine (or maybe hot chocolate if you don't drink) and a backrub. Im sorry everyone's dealing with such stress!

Add Arking on Facebook
    Money does yeah. My parents have always been poor, but rich on paper. It's only as my grandmother is aging and the divorce settled that things have turned rather sour. There was nasty evictions from the family home, videos of my dad mowing down plants I'd planted years back gleefully burning my belongings in photos he sent me and then the paternity thing. I admit I laughed about most of it, partially because I knew one day it was a possibility which is why I moved 3000 miles to the pacific away from them. The paternity test thing just made things worse as we all did 23andMe instead and yeah...things got ugly.

Raina is right though wine and chocolate. I brewed 35 bottles of Blackberry Merlot I could just pour into the tub and submerge myself in lol.

Off to the photoshoot thread now to resize and upload silly pics.

I brewed 35 bottles of Blackberry Merlo
    that. sounds. amazing.

Add Arking on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    that. sounds. amazing.
    It would be if I were a big drinker. It's kind of become a curse and I give bottles to guests to take home as I really only enjoy a glass once a month...well until Halloween then I get out the cast iron cauldron and mull a few bottles in seasonal spices and that I can totally enjoy on my own.

I am not a huge drinker it's too hard on my body because of my chronic illness. I have 1 wine that is a weaker wine. I can drink the whole bottle and just get a comfortable buzz lol. it's the best

Ahg, I hate having my sleep schedule messed up. It's to the point where I'm not even sleeping at night, I'm napping from like noon to five. I have to pull an all nighter and try to stay up if I want to fix it, but so far I've failed.
    Proud Merman, Eaglescout, DIYer, and lover of nature

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    it's incredibly hard to change your sleep schedule if your inner clock is set to nocturnal.

I struggled hard with that all my life, it's impossible to change.
    Not only is that a huge problem with finding employment and running errands/appointments, but when I'm disturbed during the day by noise, I'm getting a killer migraine.
    And oh joy, where I live right now, there is a big contractor din with machines and crap almost everyday, another one going to work on our house for the next few weeks.
    I've no idea what to do, although I'm prepared to move out on shortest notice because there's always the risk of suffering a stroke if you're disturbed in your sleep repeatedly and regularly.

Page 420 of 430 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424 ... LastLast