Page 429 of 430 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430 LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Avalynn View Post
    So my Merling is finally out! YAYA! He is super adorable! Unfortunately on the way out he ripped me up a bit and now I have annoying stitches and have not been able to leave the house for almost a month which is causing me to have cabin fever. I just wanna swim, but can't till the Dr gives me the ok. This Mer has gone without water for far too long!
    Congratulations on your merling! (I hated those episiotomy stitches! Like I was sewn up with barbed wire!)

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    A mermaid from outside my local pod is bullying one of our groupie photographers. He does free photoshoots for us as a hobby, is nothing but kind, and has taught me a bit about underwater modeling. He once spent a whole day with me and another mermaid during one of our big three-day meetups (there were nearly 100 mermaids there) and just photographed us and chatted. He is not by any means a mervert or collector, and if anyone insinuates that he is, I will be very angry.

The mermaid in question is an out-of-state professional mermaid, has worked for Aquamermaid at one point, and is a swim instructor. She had a photoshoot with our photographer, (again, for FREE mind you) and he taught her how to do underwater reflection shots. She tried her hand at taking a bunch of them in her pool, and sent him all of her photos though he didn't ask for them. Then when he had another photoshoot with a friend of mine, she publicly accused him of art theft and that HE was copying HER even though he's already been doing this style of photography for years. She's also publicly decrying him as "unprofessional" even though he does all of his photoshoots for free.

Fortunately, nobody is believing her where she is currently posting this, but she is a professional mermaid and he just hangs out in our community pod. I'm already furious that she's targeting him with her drama, but I will be even more upset if she goes crying to her instagram followers or however she networks to slander him further. This photographer has been nothing but a blessing to our pod, and she's not even from our community.

The photographer guy has a heart of gold and enjoys every minute of taking pictures. He really goes out of his way to make sure everyone gets the best possible picture and amazingly talented. He didn't deserve the bs she put him through. The mermaid in question though, I had her on a Facebook block for over 2 years and it looks like my intuition was right that she into mermaiding for the wrong reason. People were trying to figure out how she thought she was being copied and her response was posting a picture......she couldn't answer the question. I'm just glad he didn't let her get underneath his skin. I hate to see another person do what I had to do last year which was leave the community for a whole year just to avoid a particular mermaid.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Today at the beginning of my lunch break one of my co-workers asked me if I knew my car window was broken. I didn't know what she was talking about so I went outside and someone had busted out my passenger side window and they stole my purse along with everything inside of it, money, credit cards, etc. So most of today was spent calling the bank to deactivate cards, giving a statement to the police, talking with an automotive place about getting my window replaced, cleaning out all the glass in my car, temporarily putting clear plastic over the opening, etc. It's been quite a day. I had a lot of swimming gear in my car including two monofins, a homemade fabric tail, and my GoPro but luckily they broke the window, snatched my purse and that was it.

I park on the side of our building and my desk is right by the wall that I park next to. However, today the machines were running so the thief probably broke my window when the machine was running and none of us inside would have been able to hear the robbery taking place. We don't have windows on that side of the building either. From now on I'll be parking in the front where I can see my car - previously I didn't want to take up customer parking spots but I was told I had better park up front. I am also not going to leave my purse in the car anymore. I don't really like purses but this purse was really cool it was teal and had a western look to it. My Mom gave it to me. Anyways, I'm pretty down about it.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    Today at the beginning of my lunch break one of my co-workers asked me if I knew my car window was broken. I didn't know what she was talking about so I went outside and someone had busted out my passenger side window and they stole my purse along with everything inside of it, money, credit cards, etc. So most of today was spent calling the bank to deactivate cards, giving a statement to the police, talking with an automotive place about getting my window replaced, cleaning out all the glass in my car, temporarily putting clear plastic over the opening, etc. It's been quite a day. I had a lot of swimming gear in my car including two monofins, a homemade fabric tail, and my GoPro but luckily they broke the window, snatched my purse and that was it.

I park on the side of our building and my desk is right by the wall that I park next to. However, today the machines were running so the thief probably broke my window when the machine was running and none of us inside would have been able to hear the robbery taking place. We don't have windows on that side of the building either. From now on I'll be parking in the front where I can see my car - previously I didn't want to take up customer parking spots but I was told I had better park up front. I am also not going to leave my purse in the car anymore. I don't really like purses but this purse was really cool it was teal and had a western look to it. My Mom gave it to me. Anyways, I'm pretty down about it.
    I feel you. Some people don't have anything better to do than to cause trouble.
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

I'm so sorry that's happened to you its awful but deffo dont leave your purse or anything else in the car full stop. It may not stop they from trying to break in again but it least you'll not theres nothing in there to steal

Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

I hate it when people attack zoos and aquariums because "animals need to be FREE captivity is cruel!!" I wish people actually knew how much these places do to save animals :c

zen beach vibes

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I couldn’t agree more. Some of the animals can’t be released back into the wild because of various reasons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybay View Post
    I hate it when people attack zoos and aquariums because "animals need to be FREE captivity is cruel!!" I wish people actually knew how much these places do to save animals :c

zen beach vibes

Agreed, but there are a lot of bad places that mistreat animals and don't do anything to help wild or captive animals. (often they just do a vague "we encourage people to care about animals!" claim) When it comes to zoos, there's this tendency for people to see some bad places and say that they're all bad, or see some good ones and say that they're all good. It's important to do your research, learn about which practices are good and which ones are harmful. Of course, there is room for debate on what is good or bad, but there are some subjects that qualified people universally agree on. (for example, breeding white tigers is bad. You will not find any legitimate animal conservation or welfare organization that says it's okay)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Delphinidae View Post
    Agreed, but there are a lot of bad places that mistreat animals and don't do anything to help wild or captive animals. (often they just do a vague "we encourage people to care about animals!" claim) When it comes to zoos, there's this tendency for people to see some bad places and say that they're all bad, or see some good ones and say that they're all good. It's important to do your research, learn about which practices are good and which ones are harmful. Of course, there is room for debate on what is good or bad, but there are some subjects that qualified people universally agree on. (for example, breeding white tigers is bad. You will not find any legitimate animal conservation or welfare organization that says it's okay)
    Oh of course! And while there is a lot of bad, I wish people would be more inclined to do some research. And some aquariums that have been painted in a bad light are actually amazing and NOT bad so it's really hard to tell. It's just frustrating for me, as I work with animals more than I work with people and to have someone come up and tell me I'm an animal abuser just based on where I work is just depressing.

zen beach vibes

ikr? having 3 older siblings is really just another way of saying "How to never get any respect in your own household" -_-
    Last edited by SJ mermaid; 05-12-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ mermaid View Post
    ikr? having 4 older siblings is really just another way of saying "How to never get any respect in your own household" -_-
    I have 3 younger siblings and still had no respect :/ had to move out when I was 17

That's awful! I hope you feel a bit better now that you are moved out and on your own

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Ole Trade Winds has a classic - people begging for free shipping on large items! For example I am trying to sell some mermaid tails and things I don't use anymore. A lot of people come along asking for free shipping or acting like shipping is too much. To get around this, I fool people by adjusting my prices and saying shipping is included in the price. But regardless, it's mind-numbing to constantly get people asking this. If you want free shipping, go to a website that is offering good deals on that right now. Small time sellers like me literally can't afford to be out shipping and it is rude and uncalled for to harass sellers like that.

It's a really weird situation. most girls think a friendship between a boy and a girl is possible, but most guys say that it's impossible, because they don't want to talk to you unless its to date. Which has happened to me honestly. I was really close friends with someone, they asked me out, I said no, and BOOM! now they barely talk to me. like, apparently i'm only interesting if you think you have a chance with me? ugh. guys are weird.

It's a really weird situation. most girls think a friendship between a boy and a girl is possible, but most guys say that it's impossible, because they don't want to talk to you unless its to date. Which has happened to me honestly. I was really close friends with someone, they asked me out, I said no, and BOOM! now they barely talk to me. like, apparently i'm only interesting if you think you have a chance with me? ugh. guys are weird.
    Guys like this are not your friends and they never were. If they stopped talking to you after you turned them down, they saw you as a means to get something they wanted. I've got plenty of guy friends, a few of them have made it clear that given the opportunity, they'd want to date me. But they also know I'm unavailable so they don't flirt with me, they just hang out with me for a game night every now and again. I'm even friends with my ex boyfriend. (My husband is friends with him too now, lol.)

Anyways, ultimately, guys are human beings too. Some of them are great friends, others are scummy little jerks. There's a lot of people on this planet, if some of them are being bad friends, you gotta pick new ones.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    Guys like this are not your friends and they never were. If they stopped talking to you after you turned them down, they saw you as a means to get something they wanted. I've got plenty of guy friends, a few of them have made it clear that given the opportunity, they'd want to date me. But they also know I'm unavailable so they don't flirt with me, they just hang out with me for a game night every now and again. I'm even friends with my ex boyfriend. (My husband is friends with him too now, lol.)

Anyways, ultimately, guys are human beings too. Some of them are great friends, others are scummy little jerks. There's a lot of people on this planet, if some of them are being bad friends, you gotta pick new ones.
    Yea I agree. I am ace af, basically everyone in the world knows it, and I still have a handful of good male friends. Hell, even my lifemate knows theres no chance he's gonna get with me and he still married me so... It isn't impossible to have good guy friends, you just have to weed out the assholes first. Which unfortunately can be a long and daunting process...
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    according to a study (read it a long time ago, so don't ask the details), guys will only talk to/hang out with women they find attractive. Doesn't matter if they are married or otherwise unavailable, it's a subconscious thing. If you are unattractive in a guy's eyes, he won't have any interest in saying one word to you apparently.
    I'm not sure it's true, but that's the conclusion the study makers came to^^

Hello well i would seriously doubt methods of study that came to such a wierd conclusion, tons of studies that are confirming stereotypes tends to be really questionnably done for one thing and another thing is that it do not match my personnal expérience in that i always had more male than female friends but still most would’nt get it on with me even to save their life so obviously i have a lot of male friendships without attraction inside. It baffles me, seriously, that in XXIth century so many people still find some thing like male female friendship that feel so obviously natural and common to me to be some kind of urban myth almost as unbelievable as Mermaids are. Off course male female friendship exist and they are plenty of them, in my opinion the rumor pretending such a thing cant be are very laugheable.

Do they consider clubs / places of work as well? Because maybe it might be something behind on the first contact but when you work together on something you might become friends without finding someone else attractive. Why should you talk to a total foreigner unless there is something that makes you interested into them? Does not need to be someone finding someone else attractive but can also be an uncommon property like the sport we all like to do or specific behavior. Maybe even something the person owns. If we extend the term slightly to that level that it is any person we find interesting, has something we like seems to fit us there are two groups left:
    * people we do not care about / ignore
    * people we dislike

So in that situation I would expect such a result. And if you find someone attractive does not mean that you want a deeper relationship than friendship.

I think the better explanation is that boys and girls are still raised differently and on shred hobbies it is no problem but for example only few guys are into cosmetics and dressing up and also the stereotypes in the other direction exist as well (IT, mechanics). If you look at the universities, some parts are dominated by males, others by females, others are mixed.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    yea, I don't think that study was representative really.
    I know plenty of guys who married (outwardly) unattractive girls. You can be friends with anyone you get along with, appearance is completely irrelevant in that regard.
    But it's true there are certain types who will feign friendship because they want to get on with you. They must have asked such types for the study^^

Once I had a several hours long discussion with a dude I met by chance about many different topics. It was a very nice and interesting conversation.
    And then he started hitting on me. I told him I have two kids, and bam!, he was gone. Never heard of him again. So there you go