Page 414 of 430 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    [QUOTE=Arking;285007]I got an email a certain fish-man quoted and replied to something I said but then poof it's not here. What kinda drama did you start up now Keiris? :P

Edit: Now I'm wondering if it wasn't drama but rather something so scandalous it had to be deleted. [/QUO

Hahahahaha! Yeah, I'm a shit stirrer, what can I say? Seriously, I do try to reign in my scandalous comments, hard as it is, and remind myself children may be here. I save the good stuff for PM's.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by gay-mermaid.memory View Post
    Thats the thing though, i see this with adults quite often! Grown adults who think it's okay to see queer people as nothing more than a check on their 'so w0ke l0l!!!' list, its like when straight women desperately search for a 'Gay Best Friend', or when they have bachelorette parties at gay bars, and get upset when women flirt with them, because to them, queer people are nothing more than some spectacle..people like this don't realize they're being extremely offensive, they think they're 'true allies' by treating queer people as a sexual fantasy....sorry, it just makes me so uncomfortable, because i see it everywhere i go. even in the queer community, queer-cis people who fetishize trans* people... perhaps i should take this to the LGBT+ thread, but I dont wanna clog up a safe space with upsetting stuff...
    Ah man, that is so disturbing :/ I grew up in like a super safe environment which I am endlessly grateful for and haven't encountered these people yet. I'll cling to the hope that even adults can grow out of this and realise they're doing more harm than good with this attitude.

Senior Member Pod of Texas gay-mermaid's Avatar

Follow gay-mermaid on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidrobynn View Post
    Ah man, that is so disturbing :/ I grew up in like a super safe environment which I am endlessly grateful for and haven't encountered these people yet. I'll cling to the hope that even adults can grow out of this and realise they're doing more harm than good with this attitude.
    we can only hope people can learn...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    You're so right Mermaid Memory.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    You're so right Mermaid Memory.
    <3

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post

Hahahahaha! Yeah, I'm a shit stirrer, what can I say? Seriously, I do try to reign in my scandalous comments, hard as it is, and remind myself children may be here. I save the good stuff for PM's.
    Lol oh goodness, maybe I should be checking my pm's now.... j/k j/k...

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Yeah, take a deep breath because when it hits your box, it's gonna be a good one.

Add Arking on Facebook
    *faint*

I'm baaaaack

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

The thread for rogue siren studios hasn't been updated but there is a Pinterest series that is using her tail photos and claiming them for their own

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    cats cats cats...whats up with those things?

Formerly known as jayy

Add Arking on Facebook
    Ok my first proper real b!tc# it out!

I have a pet peeve, its become a tick at times but let me explain. I work for a mens clothing store that specializes in mens undergarments (socks/underwear/undershirts) but we also carry swim, gym and casual attire as well. My store is about three blocks from my cities "gay village" so outside of it but close enough to be lumped alongside. Our clientele of course is predominantly gay men, and the film and entertainment industry but it's really close to 60/40 if you have to see it by sexual preference. Due to all of these things it's not uncommon for me to have customers who are at first shy, or unsure when entering our store. Now note this is not a sex store, we do not carry products of that nature at all. Shyness though is just something that's to be expected as much of what we carry is of a personal sort, and for the most part there can be a stigma associated when you're shopping for designer apparel of this nature.

My store goes to great lengths to not sexualize anything, our displays outdoors are always fully clothed and until you enter you wouldn't know that we sell men's underwear unless you peered in at the racks. Any who I do get customers who come in that are of course do not consider themselves to be our stereotypical clientele, straight men unaccompanied or with their girlfriends usually under 40 years of age. What's gotten under my skin is a sort of habit I've noticed of some of these customers, that they have a compulsory need to share that they are in-fact straight. Like a verbal acknowledgement, a out loud statement to assure me that they are a straight male in my store.

I do my best to assure them that we do get a mix of clientele, and that if they need I can assist them with any questions they may have. I'm not heartless and I do understand the stigma associated with being in my store for the first time, and I get when people are uncomfortable yet desire to try something new outside of the zone they've been confined too. It's not easy, I should know, so I do my best to assure the would-be unicorns that enter my store they more of an run of the mill pony and there's really nothing to be concerned about. The thing is a few have become frequent patrons and yet they maintain this desire to say things like "I'm like the only straight guy who comes here" when they visit despite my assurances they really are not and it's really just a clothing store.

What's become a bit of a bother is that this declaration which seemingly started as a desire to garner a form of understanding from me has become a bit of a mantra for a few and it's made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I get the need to let others know you feel like an outsider, but to latch onto that image of yourself alienates the person you are comparing yourself against in the process. I am a gay male, and quite honestly it took me some time to get over that it wasn't a bad thing. It makes me want to slap some of them upside the head and tell them to move past this notion that being straight in a "gay space" (it's not its a clothing store for pete's sakes) is somehow special or worthy of note. It says to me that they think being like me is bad, and they don't want to be mistaken and devalued like that.

In short, b!tc# please...that is all.

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Pity you can't turn to the insecure dumbass and say, "Look dick-breath, this is a clothing store not a sex shop. Grow up."

Quote Originally Posted by Arking View Post

I have a pet peeve, its become a tick at times but let me explain. I work for a mens clothing store that specializes in mens undergarments (socks/underwear/undershirts) but we also carry swim, gym and casual attire as well. My store is about three blocks from my cities "gay village" so outside of it but close enough to be lumped alongside. Our clientele of course is predominantly gay men, and the film and entertainment industry but it's really close to 60/40 if you have to see it by sexual preference. Due to all of these things it's not uncommon for me to have customers who are at first shy, or unsure when entering our store. Now note this is not a sex store, we do not carry products of that nature at all. Shyness though is just something that's to be expected as much of what we carry is of a personal sort, and for the most part there can be a stigma associated when you're shopping for designer apparel of this nature.

My store goes to great lengths to not sexualize anything, our displays outdoors are always fully clothed and until you enter you wouldn't know that we sell men's underwear unless you peered in at the racks. Any who I do get customers who come in that are of course do not consider themselves to be our stereotypical clientele, straight men unaccompanied or with their girlfriends usually under 40 years of age. What's gotten under my skin is a sort of habit I've noticed of some of these customers, that they have a compulsory need to share that they are in-fact straight. Like a verbal acknowledgement, a out loud statement to assure me that they are a straight male in my store.

I do my best to assure them that we do get a mix of clientele, and that if they need I can assist them with any questions they may have. I'm not heartless and I do understand the stigma associated with being in my store for the first time, and I get when people are uncomfortable yet desire to try something new outside of the zone they've been confined too. It's not easy, I should know, so I do my best to assure the would-be unicorns that enter my store they more of an run of the mill pony and there's really nothing to be concerned about. The thing is a few have become frequent patrons and yet they maintain this desire to say things like "I'm like the only straight guy who comes here" when they visit despite my assurances they really are not and it's really just a clothing store.

What's become a bit of a bother is that this declaration which seemingly started as a desire to garner a form of understanding from me has become a bit of a mantra for a few and it's made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I get the need to let others know you feel like an outsider, but to latch onto that image of yourself alienates the person you are comparing yourself against in the process. I am a gay male, and quite honestly it took me some time to get over that it wasn't a bad thing. It makes me want to slap some of them upside the head and tell them to move past this notion that being straight in a "gay space" (it's not its a clothing store for pete's sakes) is somehow special or worthy of note. It says to me that they think being like me is bad, and they don't want to be mistaken and devalued like that.

I hate when straight people do this so much... they're so worried people might think they're gay, like its something shameful...just because they like something a lot of queer people do, or frequent a place a lot queer people do. Not to mention how offended they get when someone even IMPLIES they might think theyre gay...

Sent from my SM-G935P using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Euro Pod

Ughh some people can be so annoying :/ but it's just because of their personal insecurities I guess, they aren't actively trying to discriminate right? In a way I pity them, that they can't understand that it does not matter whether you are gay or straight or everything in between. Must be hard to feel so insecure that they need to cling to that label.

Add Arking on Facebook
    I think you're right and it's definitely situated in a place of insecurity. However, rather than self analyze and consider why that is there is this knee jerk reaction to enable it and perpetuate the very irrational ideologies that kept them from exploring these interests.

For me it'd be like watching or participating in sports and loudly declaring amongst my friends I know nothing of sports because I'm gay. As if somehow being gay precludes me from any knowledge or participation in such activities. This just spits in the face of any persons I know who do love sports and have the same sexual orientation as myself, it's a weak argument that reinforces stereotypes and has absolutely no foundation or reasoning. Using your sexuality as an excuse for having not tried things or feeling insecure in spaces you're uncomfortable is a disservice. To first admit that you have unhealthy prejudices towards things due to the culture and society in which you are brought up is difficult to be sure, but it would focus on what's really going wrong rather than projecting your own issues onto others.

Senior Member Euro Pod
    I think you're right and it's definitely situated in a place of insecurity. However, rather than self analyze and consider why that is there is this knee jerk reaction to enable it and perpetuate the very irrational ideologies that kept them from exploring these interests.

For me it'd be like watching or participating in sports and loudly declaring amongst my friends I know nothing of sports because I'm gay. As if somehow being gay precludes me from any knowledge or participation in such activities. This just spits in the face of any persons I know who do love sports and have the same sexual orientation as myself, it's a weak argument that reinforces stereotypes and has absolutely no foundation or reasoning. Using your sexuality as an excuse for having not tried things or feeling insecure in spaces you're uncomfortable is a disservice. To first admit that you have unhealthy prejudices towards things due to the culture and society in which you are brought up is difficult to be sure, but it would focus on what's really going wrong rather than projecting your own issues onto others.
    Yup yup, I agree with everything you said here. Really sad there are people like that

Add Keiris on Facebook
    So irritated. I photographed a new painting to post on my Mer-page and rehung it in it's original spot. Step out of the room and hear the unmistakable sound of something falling and then glass shattering. Unfortunately, I find the painting on the floor as well as my shattered 4' aqua mercury glass floor-length candlesticks that were given to me years ago by a dear friend for Christmas. I know they were just a material thing but they were so pretty and the sentimental value attached to them socked me in the gut.

Add Arking on Facebook
    4'! Oh dear Keiris that is horrible I didn't even know they made candle sticks that big...what a terrible loss. I hope theres some way to repair them

I'm sorry that sucks. Mercury glass is so pretty but expensive and things with sentimental value can't exactly be replaced like an ordinary object. I hope you are able to repair them or find someone that can.

Add Keiris on Facebook
    Thanks Arking & Khaleesi but they are gonners. That's the nature of delicate mercury glass I guess.

Page 414 of 430 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424 ... LastLast