Page 410 of 430 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Izzy View Post
    Thank you, that makes me feel a lot more hopeful. And thankfully he graduated this year and I probably won't see him unless we bump into each other in this small town. Plus my friend, well ex-friend, doesn't hang out around me because I talk with people she doesn't like.

And speaking of cliche, after telling my ex about some of the cliche stories I have written, he said that I should use my life as a story. So for once I will take his advice and I am currently working on my story with him and warning others of the signs of bad relationships (esp. With narcissist people)

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk
    Of course, and I'm glad. That's great to hear. Why? 'Cause they're real? XD But seriously I'm happy to hear that, less drama to deal with makes for a happy/ier life.

I've written cliche stories too, though I like them and that's all that matters. Yeah, go for it! And in addition to helping others avoid and recognize bad relationships and "interesting" people it can also help you in your healing process. I'm actually considering doing this myself.

I wanted to reach out to my friends and talk about what happened to my family on FB but my feed was filled with happy announcements(like my friends are going to have a baby, my other friend got promoted etc) and I didn't want to rain on their parade so I'll let it out here because this seems like a appropriate thread for it.

My grandparents own a pet food factory in Korea. Yesterday it burned down completely. The firefighters were very brave and tried to put the fire out for 15 hours but they couldn't save it. Thankfully nobody was injured but we lost so much. To make it even worse, Korean insurance is different from here so they aren't paying for anything. And to top off that, they also have to pay for the damage the fire caused to the nearby factory. My mother is in Korea right now while I'm in the US so we are communicating through messages but she said the police said it looks like someone set the fire to the factory purposely. They will look through security cameras that were in the nearby areas but it will take them at least a week to identify the person.. if we are lucky It makes me very upset that someone would do such horrible thing. I'm glad nobody was working when the fire started though.. but this even is so upsetting. My grandparents have worked very hard for years and when they are just about to retire, this happens out of the blue. I just don't even know what to say. I've had a headache since yesterday but at least writing this out here seemed to help me a bit.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I'm not mad but this super annoys me. The facebook drama I thought from the previous month that kinda divided the community isn't apparently over. That person decide to start hitting up different mermaid pages leaving bad reviews (which involve comments made from the drama at the end of April) under a fake name. I already figured out who she is and disappointed she sent her friend to do her dirty work. Claiming for someone to be something without proof is just bad but to bring that drama to their business page is pathetic. Keep drama among yourself but don't bring it to person page business page. If you really want to take business away from another mermaid, can do do fairly by being a better mermaid which can be done with good work ethic. Making a fake profile to leave a bad review and that fake profile will get taken down. As usual I got screenshot of the person review before it was removed and the person's private message that has the SAME exact wording as the person real profile page. If anyone else business page gets affected by a fake profile, let me know and I'll work on getting the fake profile closed. Enough with the cyber-bullying everyone. We are all better than this.

Edit: I just realize this is meant for the drama topic. Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread.
    No, this is the right place post this.

I am so sorry to read this terrible news! I hope your family can bounce back from this tragedy. I'm very glad no one was hurt!

I really hope things calm down around here for y'all

LONG TIME NO SEA EH?
    I'm a smol freckled selkie living on the Golden Coast of California, eager to play with other mermaids and collaborate on epic events. <3

Anniiittaaaa *glomp*

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Freckled Kisses View Post
    I really hope things calm down around here for y'all

LONG TIME NO SEA EH?
    I DIDN"T RECOGNIZE YOU!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeSparrow View Post
    I wanted to reach out to my friends and talk about what happened to my family on FB but my feed was filled with happy announcements(like my friends are going to have a baby, my other friend got promoted etc) and I didn't want to rain on their parade so I'll let it out here because this seems like a appropriate thread for it.

My grandparents own a pet food factory in Korea. Yesterday it burned down completely. The firefighters were very brave and tried to put the fire out for 15 hours but they couldn't save it. Thankfully nobody was injured but we lost so much. To make it even worse, Korean insurance is different from here so they aren't paying for anything. And to top off that, they also have to pay for the damage the fire caused to the nearby factory. My mother is in Korea right now while I'm in the US so we are communicating through messages but she said the police said it looks like someone set the fire to the factory purposely. They will look through security cameras that were in the nearby areas but it will take them at least a week to identify the person.. if we are lucky It makes me very upset that someone would do such horrible thing. I'm glad nobody was working when the fire started though.. but this even is so upsetting. My grandparents have worked very hard for years and when they are just about to retire, this happens out of the blue. I just don't even know what to say. I've had a headache since yesterday but at least writing this out here seemed to help me a bit.
    I'm so sorry that happened! I hope they find whoever did this and they're brought to justice.

I told myself I wouldn't post here yet just because I'm still quite new-ish to the network, but F*** that I just reached my breaking point.
    So first off, I realized I don't actually have a lot of friends and worse I don't really know how to keep them, at least not since I got out of high school. I can seriously count the friends I have on one finger, being an introvert with CPTSD doesn't exactly help (I'm working on managing the latter). I'd love to have more but social situations... One person who I thought was a better friend didn't even tell me when/where/ invite me to her WEDDING! So much stuff happens in their lives that they don't bother to tell me about it's ridiculous! I'm like 'you have my phone number it's not that hard to text me.' I've decided to start calling them my close acquaintances. But it still hurts and enrages me to see that they couldn't be bothered to even say "hi, it's been a while."

My left rotator cuff is starting to bother me again and I always have to be careful about my right, my knees still hurt if I'm on them too much/ in odd positions.

I have a $500 dollar certification test to save up for and what if I don't pass?!? I now need to go to the chiropractor again, the raise I got (at a job that pays less than my last job) recently was laughable. My last job I was at for 4 years, which during the last one was abused by one of my coworkers (constantly scared for my safety) and the management did nothing! They demoted her, but wouldn't let her go because they "don't want her to have a bad experience." Are you &$$#^@% kidding me?!? She added 4 new triggers to the list. Additionally I wasn't even the only one she was rude to (though I got the worst of it). I've got a new job now thanks to another acquaintance, so that's good.

Unexpected cost ate up 1/3rd of my finances this month. All my car expenses are going to come one after the other, and next month of all times. My (eventual, though it could happen next year) moving costs increased by $1,000.

Scheduling conflicts in August for two events I really want to go to.

Catcalls. 'Nuff said. Been dealing with harassing texts from an ex, I'm going to the police about that, it's gotten crazy.

My family (my mom & aunt in Georgia excluded) is flipping insane. My grandma is living with my oldest aunt who's vindictive, two faced & just plain rude and because of that has taken on behaviors mimicking Alzheimer's (if not having actually developed the disease). My aunt is also has power of attorney for my grandma, despite being the worst person for it (and may have actually committed fraud!) she has rebuilt and refurnished her house with my grandmother's money and probably more that I don't even know about. My other aunt meanwhile (who if you ask me is the most deserving of it) has only gotten maybe $10,000 if that. My mom has gotten maybe a couple hundred, I, have gotten $100 wtf? And if I heard correctly my aunt's adoptive daughter (I don't know why she decided to adopt, she's not very maternal and that's me restraining myself. Bored? Trying to compensate for having raised two kids that have both gone to jail numerous times? Whatever.) may be on state assistance even though my aunt is retired and uses my grandma's money. If I did hear correctly I will report that, without hesitation.

I don't mind being single until I go on social media and literally almost all I see is "engaged!" "just married!" "it's a boy/girl!" which is the reason I stopped using Facebook in the first place, I will only get on it for the mer page I'm making.

*Exhales loudly* I think that's it, had to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Lilium View Post
    Anniiittaaaa *glomp*

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Love ya too fish face

LONG TIME NO SEA EH?
    I'm a smol freckled selkie living on the Golden Coast of California, eager to play with other mermaids and collaborate on epic events. <3

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    I DIDN"T RECOGNIZE YOU!!!!!
    MWAH!
    I'm BACK

LONG TIME NO SEA EH?

Ugh. I'm so bugged that this bugged me so much. lol
    Someone asked me if I'm my daughter's grandma. I realize that technically, I easily could be. I had her when I was 39. And I am used to people thinking I'm younger based on looks, which proves it doesn't mean much. Still, health issues (bad asthma stuff happened late last year and early this) and learning how to eat entirely different have me not at my best, and this did not help! I'm really not ready to be mistaken for my child's grandma. When I am, I will go full Sea Hag. But I'm not there yet!

Last edited by deepblue; 06-19-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Member Euro Pod
    Add Ocean on Facebook
    Visit Ocean's Youtube Channel
    When you are happy and excited about all things good and some party pooper comes along and starts ranting..... then you question what they are doing as it makes no sense and they ask you to back off as if you have stalked them endlessly - that twisted mentality doesn't make me mad but it sure does upset me.... I do not like manipulators - feeling genuinely really hurt...

ok, so I have kindly been advised to clarify that the initial point of my post was due to the fact is that my friend and I were on fb and this very thing was happening to her and so we were wandering how others deal with it - perhaps I miss interpreted the point of that thread(?) soooo now that I have made my huge signature smaller hopefully my link to me swimming wont appear like a sales pitch
    Last edited by Ocean; 06-23-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    International competitive freediver, mermaid and owner of Blue Water Freediving School - YES we run Mermaid courses and are suppliers of the leading monofin brands, including the brand new Ocean Star mermaid monofin!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=5iGwkUaztLc
    https://www.bluewaterfreediving.com/

Really? When someone comes into a thread to stomp around and just sell sell sell, and implies that everyone else is stupid or irrelevant, and then when someone calls them on it, they turn things around and act like the other person is the crayfish. Sure. Narcissist.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    When you are happy and excited about all things good and some party pooper comes along and starts ranting..... then you question what they are doing as it makes no sense and they ask you to back off as if you have stalked them endlessly - that twisted mentality doesn't make me mad but it sure does upset me.... I do not like manipulators - feeling genuinely really hurt...
    Nicely putting it, your responses did come off as your trying to switch the topic to your product almost every time. I thought a couple times I accidentally clicked on your your thread. To make a product is exciting. It does lose it excitement to the customer when it's almost included in ever other response.

Sorry for the brutal honesty here but to be confused about a person response, I can understand. However I can't figure out how anyone is a manipulator and we have a drama thread if you feel that way. I personally will not buy your product for this reason: I now know I could be a manipulator if there was a disagreement. That the impression I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Member Euro Pod
    Add Ocean on Facebook
    Visit Ocean's Youtube Channel
    oh dear..... I thought this was a sort of fun, supportive B it out thread... I genuinely dont get what I'v done wrong here, I have not pointed at anyone and said anything because this comment was in general, people do that and it makes me sad - I am not trying to push my product today at all - I made a couple of posts about it the other day and that is it - I am adjusting my profile as my pc will allow - my signature is WAY too big - it doesn't seem to want to stay smaller when I have tried.... very slow network this early am.... If anyone thought I had crossed lines I am super happy to have a pm dropped in my box and I will sort it out like that, that would be cool.

ok, so I have kindly been advised to clarify that the initial point of my post was due to the fact is that my friend and I were on fb and this very thing was happening to her and so we were wandering how others deal with it - perhaps I miss interpreted the point of that thread(?) soooo now that I have made my huge signature smaller hopefully my link to me swimming wont appear like a sales pitch
    Last edited by Ocean; 06-23-2017 at 09:11 PM.
    International competitive freediver, mermaid and owner of Blue Water Freediving School - YES we run Mermaid courses and are suppliers of the leading monofin brands, including the brand new Ocean Star mermaid monofin!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=5iGwkUaztLc
    https://www.bluewaterfreediving.com/

Look at it in my way and keep in mind that I'm not trying to upset you. I want people to succeed. I saw the thread in question and I think it would had been best to end there. Frustrating by all means but you accidentally gave yourself a bigger audience here. This thread is the last place you want people to see. People do have twisted mentality because of the fact they been burned by new items makers that are here today and gone tomorrow. Can't waste your time with shrimps. Mistakes and misunderstandings happens but people will forget in no time. Once you been around a bit, you'll see how supportive this community really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Survivor of cyberbullies

A ridiculous amount of pools and beaches in my area keep getting shut down ("temporarily") because of bacteria making a lot of people sick. This combined with the fact that I now work full time means even if I had a tail or monofin I wouldn't be able to go swimming. I love mermaids and designing tails but I'm never going to financially be in the situation where I can get a pool let alone a tail. I live paycheck to paycheck so it's not like I can just steadily put money aside. I've had horrible things happen to me in the last several months and I feel like this is just the icing on the cake.

deviantArt
    Etsy
    (Now offering custom tail designs!)

@Hydra1337: Bacteria is the reason why chlorine is added to the water. The more bacteria is inside, the more chlorine must be added, however there is a minimum and a maximum proportion (at least in austria but it should not be different in other countries).

That's terrible. I always feel squicked out when I think about swimming in public pools. :/ Because yes, the chlorine is there for a reason (the bromine when it's a bromine pool of course), but it can't do the job when the number of people and the germs they bring in outweighs its efficacy.

The more people, the more sweat, body oils, skin and hair products, the more sunscreen, and all that can make it harder for the chlorine or bromine to do their job.

It would help if pools had a rule where you had to shower before entering. But even with the signs that say, "Please shower prior to entering..." you will always have people who ignore it, and I imagine pool management feels they don't have the staff to watch for that. Maybe enough shut downs could change that.

And of course you *still* see people who claim that urine is sterile, so just pee in the pool. No matter how many studies are showing otherwise, that myth persists, and urine in the pool means the chlorine is also being depleted by that, when that particular part of what it's working on could be a nonissue, if people would just stop peeing in the pools.

Yesterday was hard worrying about two sick pets but I hate it when a person makes you feel like you been used the entire time. You see someone take on more than what they can handle so you offer to help. Donate stuff to help support them for her event out of respect. First to buy the ticket to her event. As soon as I mention not to use the same fabric she made the fluke with as it started to chip, everything went downhill. To explain 2 months later I'm still waiting for the shell because she jump on a new project. It took her over a month just to make the tail. She did offer to fix the tail but I don't see how Mermaid Athena is going to do that with a block. Sorry if this is more of a vent. I really hope she puts better quality in her color books she making for the mers because I don't want more people getting burn. Because of the tail flaking is why I haven't posted pictures of the new fabric "Ariel" tail. I wanted to give her a fair chance of correcting errors....

Survivor of cyberbullies

Page 410 of 430 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420 ... LastLast