Page 330 of 430 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 8582

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

  1. #6581
    Ok, you know what really grinds my gears? People who give out information when they aren't qualified to do so, especially regarding the mermaid community.

    I was recently invited to yet another Florida Mermaids fb group recently, and most of the girls there didn't have tails. No big deal. However, when they asked about where to start, there was an overwhelming response suggesting that they start with Mertailor basic or partial silicone tails. What bothers me most about this is not just that a handful of people suggested that some newbies invest in a bad product/company, but that some of the girls said that they haven't ever used a monofin yet and aren't good at swimming. I wouldn't even suggest getting a fabric tail until they have gotten used to the monofin, nonetheless a partial silicone/neoprin tail with no drainage.


    ~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

  2. #6582
    Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!), and Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,441
    Wooooow. That's really irresponsible advice.

  3. #6583
    I ended up leaving the group, because people kept posting stupid things like that so often without looking up the facts. That, and a complete spam of crochet mermaid tail posts, "I must be a mermaid blah blah blah" posts, and pictures of Mermaid Melissa. I think these girls are more mermaid enthusiasts than professionals. And that's okay- but it's not for me. I have enough of that in my newsfeed already.

    I initially joined the group hoping to find more professional mers anyways.


    ~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

  4. #6584
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,660
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Holy shit! I think we just had an earthquake!

  5. #6585
    Member Rocky Mountain Pod Onyx Jewel Catfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Hudson, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Holy shit! I think we just had an earthquake!
    That is scary. Be safe!

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Enjoy Today, Tomorrow Is Not A Promise.

  6. #6586
    Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!), and Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,441
    You okay??

  7. #6587
    Are you ok????
    The SeaGlass Siren

  8. #6588
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,660
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    No reports of earthquake today, but we've had gusts of over 60mph! My lake looks like rough oceans!

  9. #6589
    Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!), and Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,441
    Wow. Well, at least the lake is pretty!

  10. #6590
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Shimmer Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Heber Springs, Arkansas
    Posts
    589
    Sunday we went to trade my black and white paint horse for a big black percheron friesian cross. Got him home Sunday night, put him in the front lot by himself.

    My little sister's horse kicks him through the fence and cuts him with her shoes. 😡😡

    So I go up Monday morning and see that he has a big gash in his back right theigh.

    (I told her I'm gonna BBQ her horse because of it, joking of course)

    Anyway, been doctoring it, cleaning it, and this morning he was limping on it Because of bruising. Go figure.
    My dad says, call the vet. And see if he can get some antibiotics strong enough for him because he's so big.

    $40 for wound spray, and $40 for Apple flavored powder antibiotics to mix in with his feed.
    He
    Won't
    Eat
    The
    Feed
    Now


    I could scream right now, he's too smart for his own good. 😤
    Tell me your secrets, sailor.. and I'll whisper mine in return.

  11. #6591
    Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!), and Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,441
    Ouch. That actually sucks.

  12. #6592
    Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!), and Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,441
    Does that mean that the house issue is resolved?

  13. #6593
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer Mermaid View Post
    Sunday we went to trade my black and white paint horse for a big black percheron friesian cross. Got him home Sunday night, put him in the front lot by himself.

    My little sister's horse kicks him through the fence and cuts him with her shoes.

    So I go up Monday morning and see that he has a big gash in his back right theigh.

    (I told her I'm gonna BBQ her horse because of it, joking of course)

    Anyway, been doctoring it, cleaning it, and this morning he was limping on it Because of bruising. Go figure.
    My dad says, call the vet. And see if he can get some antibiotics strong enough for him because he's so big.

    $40 for wound spray, and $40 for Apple flavored powder antibiotics to mix in with his feed.
    He
    Won't
    Eat
    The
    Feed
    Now


    I could scream right now, he's too smart for his own good.
    I hope he feels better!

  14. #6594
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    574
    I had to re-sit a test today because most of the people in my class failed. I did pretty decent but I'm a little irritated that I had to re-sit a test that I did not fail in. What a lovely way to end the school term. I only have one more day though.

  15. #6595
    That sounds really annoying


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #6596
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid_selene View Post
    That sounds really annoying


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it is, but let's hope I did better though! Only time will tell!

  17. #6597
    Quote Originally Posted by The Water Phoenix View Post
    Yeah it is, but let's hope I did better though! Only time will tell!
    That does seem unfair. I really hope you get a much higher mark this time.

    We had a similar situation at uni. I was one of the few that passed a certain exam. Everyone who failed got the chance to resit, but there grade was limited because it was a 2nd attempt. That meant they couldn't end up with a higher mark than someone who passed first time, which seems the fairest way to me.

  18. #6598
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLouBelle View Post
    That does seem unfair. I really hope you get a much higher mark this time.

    We had a similar situation at uni. I was one of the few that passed a certain exam. Everyone who failed got the chance to resit, but there grade was limited because it was a 2nd attempt. That meant they couldn't end up with a higher mark than someone who passed first time, which seems the fairest way to me.
    On the bright side, I did pass my math test!

  19. #6599
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    1,056
    I lost a good friend yesterday in a tragic accident. Hug your friends and family. Don't worry about the small stuff. In the end, it doesn't really matter.

  20. #6600
    Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!), and Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,441
    Hugs to YOU Sherielle.

Page 330 of 430 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •