Page 425 of 430 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,500 of 8583

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Im sorry hun. Grandparents are so special. In my family i only talk to my grandma as my grandpa passed when i was in high school. Without my grandparents unconditional love i would not be here today!

Yours sounds like he played a huge role in your life too. Best wishes and sending love <3
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'm sorry, my step grandpa died this week and my grandma died the week before! lots of people leaving this world right now

I'm hella pissed off right now. I do me and if I dont need to involve others, I dont. Recently, I've been under the scrutinizing eye of my extended family. Usually I dont give a flying fish, but the gossip and talking behind my back is getting INSANE. I've been used primarily as a target against my immediate family from the extended family. Simply stated, my dad, his brother, and two sisters are in a huge fight and I keep getting brought up as the "family failure". Why, might you ask? Because I did an "implied topless" shoot and because I'm pagan/wiccan. I usually dont let it get to me, but the two things I absolutely love are falling under attack and it's really dragging me down. More backstory~ after some college I enlisted in the USMC. I did a fair amount of time, but due to a severe mental health crisis, I had to get out. I turned to mermaiding as a coping mechanism and its helped me gods only know how much.. it saved my life at least once. It was shortly after beginning my mermaid career that I turned to a combination of paganism and wicca as I found even more comfort in that vs the religion I was brought up in. I've been improving daily ever since my discharge, holding steady and equally impressive jobs, becoming more tolerant of my body and my self image, and I figured if I'm comfortable, why not try a shoot that empowers me? Plus, it's not like anything explicit can be seen anyway. But someone in the extended family found the image on my personal Instagram and took offense to it. And now I'm the "disgusting whore" that "doesnt believe in (their) god" and I'm "going to hell". I wouldn't let this bother me, but I'm at a low point right now, struggling to balance school with a full time and part time job, as well as trying to not let my inner demons return. I'm going through the grieving process as I just lost two of my very close residents (I'm a CNA) and one of my school mates all in the same day. The last thing I needed was this bull from the family. I'm just really upset right now and needed a safe place to rant. Name:  201901285061641258415484919.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  41.6 KB

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Hugs! My family treats me like that too. I'm "the satanist druggy" because I'm HINDU and have to use medical cannabis for my extreme pain conditions!

You're not alone, and you are not bad just because you found a different path!!

Also, that's a gorgeous picture <3 i really like the way the lighting came out and the high level of contrast in the composition ^_^
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    *hugs both* Sorry to hear that your own family has the guts to think badly about you. You are wonderful people, never forget that

I really love the picture
    Your imagination is your only limit

Aww thank you but that's water under my bridge a long time. I'm also technically a bastard, which is actually the real reason my parents both hate me. Its sad bc i have almost no connection or ties to my huge family but... I've made a much better one ^_^
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Naiadele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    I'm hella pissed off right now. I do me and if I dont need to involve others, I dont. Recently, I've been under the scrutinizing eye of my extended family. Usually I dont give a flying fish, but the gossip and talking behind my back is getting INSANE. I've been used primarily as a target against my immediate family from the extended family. Simply stated, my dad, his brother, and two sisters are in a huge fight and I keep getting brought up as the "family failure". Why, might you ask? Because I did an "implied topless" shoot and because I'm pagan/wiccan. I usually dont let it get to me, but the two things I absolutely love are falling under attack and it's really dragging me down. More backstory~ after some college I enlisted in the USMC. I did a fair amount of time, but due to a severe mental health crisis, I had to get out. I turned to mermaiding as a coping mechanism and its helped me gods only know how much.. it saved my life at least once. It was shortly after beginning my mermaid career that I turned to a combination of paganism and wicca as I found even more comfort in that vs the religion I was brought up in. I've been improving daily ever since my discharge, holding steady and equally impressive jobs, becoming more tolerant of my body and my self image, and I figured if I'm comfortable, why not try a shoot that empowers me? Plus, it's not like anything explicit can be seen anyway. But someone in the extended family found the image on my personal Instagram and took offense to it. And now I'm the "disgusting whore" that "doesnt believe in (their) god" and I'm "going to hell". I wouldn't let this bother me, but I'm at a low point right now, struggling to balance school with a full time and part time job, as well as trying to not let my inner demons return. I'm going through the grieving process as I just lost two of my very close residents (I'm a CNA) and one of my school mates all in the same day. The last thing I needed was this bull from the family. I'm just really upset right now and needed a safe place to rant. Name:  201901285061641258415484919.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  41.6 KB

OMG that sounds so rough! Don’t let it get you down, you should be so proud of all those things you are doing!
    If someone thinks it’s ok to tell you that you’re going to hell for not believing the same thing as them, they are the one with the problem. And that photo is not even remotely slutty, it is beautiful and artistic! It’s only showing your back which is something that would be seen when mermaiding normally!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Don’t hate me for this, but if I see one more video of a mermaid blowing kisses I’m literally going to throw up lol.
    Btw I think Luna’s photo is gorgeous
    I dream of a day when they may rise above the billows to drag down in their reeking talons the remnants of puny, war-exhausted mankind --of a day when the land shall sink, and the dark ocean floor shall ascend amidst universal pandemonium.

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbrielle View Post
    Don’t hate me for this, but if I see one more video of a mermaid blowing kisses I’m literally going to throw up lol.

I can so relate.
    However, if you're doing some kind of show, sometimes you're starved for ideas what to do.
    And smiling, waving and kissblowing is so much easier than other things, not to mention it might go down easier than menacing snarls or gestures

When you finally use your monofin, love it, and then somehow blow out discs in your back (based on my symptoms, omggggg)
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

I'm convinced some of y'all are really good with mermaid wishes due to the fact that so many mers post videos of themselves in gym pools but they are THE ONLY ONES IN THE POOL. Or at least the only ones on camera. My bitching about that isn't at them, it's at the chronically crowded state of public/gym pools where I am. Seriously. I need some of that fairy dust you all must be sprinkling in your pool's water.

Coming back from Hawaii my tail bag (with the tail inside) disappeared.... I am so pissed and scared. Its a Merbellas and i was wondering if anyone has tips for what i can do. i have already filed a missing bag report with the airline but i have to wait until the wednesday to file a repot if they have not found it.

the worst thing is that it says it arrives at the baggage claim, i didn't see it even though i was the first person there and it didn't show ups at oversized (where it usually come out) so i don't know where it could be...

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Vee View Post
    Coming back from Hawaii my tail bag (with the tail inside) disappeared.... I am so pissed and scared. Its a Merbellas and i was wondering if anyone has tips for what i can do. i have already filed a missing bag report with the airline but i have to wait until the wednesday to file a repot if they have not found it.

the worst thing is that it says it arrives at the baggage claim, i didn't see it even though i was the first person there and it didn't show ups at oversized (where it usually come out) so i don't know where it could be...
    Omg I cant believe its lost. A couple things could have happened dont panic just yet, (I'm saying dont panic, I would have been crying my eyes out and screaming like a mad woman) I'll be hoping it comes back to you. Keep us updated

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbrielle View Post
    Better?
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Junior Member Pod of Texas LunaRose's Avatar
    Follow LunaRose On Twitter Add LunaRose on Facebook
    When you finally can pull your monofin out of storage (linden) and the bags all ripped up and the tips are chewed to heck ... #livingwithpetsName:  8b7d0e89090e00116ebb80755ec7b988.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  41.8 KB

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    I'm convinced some of y'all are really good with mermaid wishes due to the fact that so many mers post videos of themselves in gym pools but they are THE ONLY ONES IN THE POOL. Or at least the only ones on camera. My bitching about that isn't at them, it's at the chronically crowded state of public/gym pools where I am. Seriously. I need some of that fairy dust you all must be sprinkling in your pool's water.
    Maybe they go on days and times when there aren't many people. That's how I do it, anyway.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Today I saw a girl swimming in what I am pretty sure is a knockoff tail...without a monofin. Ok cool, kid, you can get around the pool in a tail and no fin with your kick. Still made me a bit concerned. She also struggled to get the tail on far from the pool edge, and DRAGGED herself to the water.What kills me is she had TWO knockoff tails...and the kids flocked to her. Like hello what about me in my good, expensive tail? She kept trying to stealthily swim around us but never said a word.
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 03-30-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Follow Lucien On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Today I saw a girl swimming in what I am pretty sure is a knockoff tail...without a monofin. Ok cool, kid, you can get around the pool in a tail and no fin with your kick. Still made me a bit concerned. She also struggled to get the tail on far from the pool edge, and DRAGGED herself to the water.What kills me is she had TWO knockoff tails...and the kids flocked to her. Like hello what about me in my good, expensive tail? She kept trying to stealthily swim around us but never said a word.
    A girl about 12-14 showed up at my pool the other day (I’m a lifeguard). Her mother proceeds to tell me (while laughing about it) that she can’t swim. And then not ten minutes later, the kid is putting on a knockoff tail with no monofin. I don’t understaaaand why people doooo that.

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Do they seriously have no clue how dangerous that is? *shakes her head and sighs*
    Your imagination is your only limit

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod swordwhale's Avatar
    Follow swordwhale On Twitter Add swordwhale on Facebook
    Follow swordwhale on Tumblr Visit swordwhale's Youtube Channel
    I hear your pain. Yeah yeah we have more time and experience, but we might not have the same experience. I know plenty of young people who are friggin brilliant. But I also occasionally get that same sort of condescending thing from them...

so bottom line is you never know what someone might know...

Once in a martial arts class, the sensei asked a question... even the black belts stood around going...eh...uh.... then a kid with a white belt answered it. "See, you can learn something from a white belt..."

Page 425 of 430 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429 ... LastLast