Page 5 of 430 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Æolius: I know what you mean. I don't like the "shoot 'em up" games. So little finesse! Granted, I don't like Myst either (I guess I'm too oblivious to ever be good at it). My favorite games are racing games (you know, like Disney racing where the goal is really to win the race not to bash the other's car) and games like Age of Empires and Harvest Moon where I can focus on building something up.

Lotus: That is so annoying! I've never worked in the food industry, but it was similar in my copy shop. People would show up a minute before closing with this expressing like "SAFE!" And then proceed to bawl us out when we tell them they have to leave their job and pick it up in the morning. "What do you mean you can't make 20 copies of my 200-page booklet double-sided and bind them all? I got here before 9:00, and I NEED it!" (Note: All of this asked would have taken at least an hour. If it's like, one copy, we don't beef about it. XD) These people fail to realize that closing time means literally you are CLOSED. That means no work for the customers goes on, just the stuff that needs to get done to CLOSE the place (tills, sweeping, maintenance, etc). I was the shift worker for closing time for 3 years, and I literally had to threaten to call security regularly.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I need to bitch it out right now about crazy youtube users. Ive started changing my videos over to moderated comments, I dont like to censor people, and if someone doesnt like me that's fine... but that's not what Im getting. Im constantly getting people asking questions that are IN the video and the description and already answered AGAIN in the comments. It drive me nuts, especially when the people are rude demanding. And I've got this kid posting all over my videos telling people not to waste their money on a realistic tail and make one or buy from mermagica. So I started responding saying those are great for people who wanna have fun, but my tail suits my needs. She proceeds to tell me to mind my own business, she's not talking to ME. Im like, uh omg? You're posting comments on my videos! YOU ARE TALKING TO ME AND IT'S VERY MUCH MY BUSINESS. her comments get so stupid, that youtube actually pre-censors them, lol! I log on to my own videos to see "comment removed" and "comment hidden" and I gotta go a round about way to see what she says. So I try explaining to her how youtube comments work etc, I even tried noting her to explain things but she keeps deleting her account. I seem to be having an issue with "haters" who post from multiple accounts they then delete, saying things only certain people would have opinions on etc which makes me believe a certain person is behind most of it. But this girl, I dont think she was that person, just somewhere out in space lol.

I get people constantly asking me to give them a tail, or demanding it, and the other weird thing is people asking me to email Raven for them! Im just so freaking busy and tired >.> I gots no patience for it. I dont wanna sound unappreciative of having fans, I mean, the fact I can even complain is cool BUT OMG it's driving me bonkers.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    p.s. I know a lot of you have jumped in too, to answer questions, and step up to nutters like this. Honestly, Ive just been deleting the nonsense and will just start moderating

I was sitting on the couch with a bag of kettle corn watching that happen to you. It was hilarious to see all the idiocy going around and I felt bad for you. But it was still amusing.

Seriously, Raina (or are we supposed to call you AniaR?)! Sometimes, I'm like "Don't you people know how to READ? It's practically the first thing she says in her description!" And it's ridiculous how some people think, "Oh, gee! If I comment on her video she'll just give me a tail!" How dumb. XP

I want to break this lease

I'd say if the person uses text abbreviations and butchers their sentences so bad you can hardly make out what they're saying, or if they ask something that is obvious, just don't even acknowledge them. Only reply to the serious inquiries.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla of Duluth View Post
    I'd say if the person uses text abbreviations and butchers their sentences so bad you can hardly make out what they're saying...
    IKWYM
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    I know what you mean. ^^ But, I am just assuming that is what IKWYM means.
    Tenacity.

When hubbys and I feel the time is right to get pregnant, we will try and it will be a private act.

Count back 9 months like everyone else.

I would kill for some A/C right now. It's been over 100 degrees almost every day for the last 3 weeks straight, even at night it doesn't go below the 80's... I feel like a giant puddle of melted mermaid.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Im having issues with my thyroids, today i went to the doctor thinking i would get told about my ultrasound results, well Nope, it wasnt going to be so easy, I ended up getting a tube into my nose and down my throat to see whats going on in there, though they numbed me, by far it was the most uncomfortable thing ever, i wanted to cough or sneeze, it was one of those two, the nausea from the anesthetic didint help, im kinda glad i had a rice cake previously..

As if that wasnt enough, i had to get blood done. Now that sounds like a regular thing but.. hi--i have a severe phobia of needles, no i dont faint, i literally go into a shut down, my mind wont hear of it, my body wont move. And yet i knew better because i was getting sick of this contstant weight gain and hair loss among other things. So I took the needle and almost broke my husbands hand in the process. Now to wait till monday for the results. :/
    Last edited by New York Mermaid; 07-27-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Paypal is giving me a headache.

User formerly known as "Elaina-Wednesday".

I'm so annoyed! I wanted to use Google plus to help advertise for mer-gigs...but it won't let me use my business name (or mer-name) because it determined it's not a real name. My accounts on Google Plus and Reader have been suspended. I don't want to use my real name, because I want to keep this job and my job as an educator separate, and my pro mermaiding separate from my personal life. Is this really so hard for Google to understand?

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    I try hard to never swear. It's classier.
    Thalassa, Spindrift, I am the same way... it doesn't make sense to me. I grumble (more or less under my breath) but it is usually more colorful (vivid descriptions or the animals they resemble or what'd happen if I got my hands on them), and only when I'm angry. Using profanity for emphasis in a sentence diminishes both the emphasis and the profanity.

Aeolius, your fictional games sound like fun... though I'm not sure that your stance against fighting and killing and shooting games would hold up with Sweeney Todd for Wii. Hunting and first person shooter games don't impress me much, either, but I do like roleplaying games and fantasy strategy games.

Here I sit, at my hairdressers. Three weeks ago, I had her dye my hair with kelp-colored dye. It was on my bucket list. . Within a week it turned a lovely neon lemon-lime color. So I went back and she tried a different color to darken it up. Within two weeks it ended up this weird greenish copper color. I rather liked it as it was unique. My wife however was less than impressed. So, here I sit getting it bleached out. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Æolius View Post
    Here I sit, at my hairdressers. Three weeks ago, I had her dye my hair with kelp-colored dye. It was on my bucket list. . Within a week it turned a lovely neon lemon-lime color. So I went back and she tried a different color to darken it up. Within two weeks it ended up this weird greenish copper color. I rather liked it as it was unique. My wife however was less than impressed. So, here I sit getting it bleached out. Oh well.
    I have run the hair-dye gauntlet myself. The problem with "un-natural" colors, is that they always fade really quickly, and the fade isn't always flattering.

I have said it before but this time I mean it. No more vacations until the in-laws are dead.

Between my MIL, who not only smokes but thinks it's fine to leave butts on the beach, complains endlessly about all of her maladies, and has no manners whatsoever (this is not your planet, knock on the door when it's closed), and my FIL who is now in a wheelchair because he broke his leg twice in the past two months; complaining endlessly with a hearty GODDAMNIT every half an hour because the univers will not bow to his whims, I have about had it on this "vacation"

Yes, the beach house has an elevator, but it is too smal to accommodate a larger wheelchair. The doorways are too narrow and the thresholds are raised. It is most definitely not accessible.

And then there are the teenagers, who feel they do not need to contribute anything, or the ten year old who wants to sleep past noon, or the 11 year old who thinks he is 18 and therefor is immunie to parental control.

I feel like a minimum wage worker at an assisted living care facility. That's fine, at home, but this is supposed to be a bloody vacation.

I want to spend the day swimming in the Atlantic, playing in the surf and opening my eyes in the saltwater to look for shells beneath the surface. Instead, I have an 8 year old pouting because I cannot hold her in the pounding surf while her sister also wants to swim.

Shoot me now.