Page 6 of 430 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: B!TC# IT OUT!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod SilverSiren's Avatar
    I figured I would come over here to post this here too. I was over at the Mermaid Magazine thread. I went to the site to see what it was all about and perhaps subscribe to the mag. Well, the site is messed up because someone had it in their head to hack it and put malware on it so it would automatically download to your computer! Yay! So I just have to say... I hate hate HATE crappy people like that! Going around ruining everyones peace with their stupidity! Like these kids next door to me riding around the neighborhood on their very loud, very ILLEGAL, dirt bike at 11pm! And what can we do about it? NOTHING! Except bang our heads on the wall for stress relief so we don't go bonkers and buy an AK47 and have fun on the rooftop! Ahhhhh... I feel a little better now... until the kids wake up next door and start the physiological torture once again.

And Aeolius... I feel for ya. *hugs*

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    How am I supposed to save up for my future,get into college and be a responsible, contributing member of society like every nagging adult wants me to be when I cant get a job because I need 3+ years of experience to work a darn cash register? I mean really,how am I supposed to get experience when no one will hire me? Am I supposed to wake up with it one day? Or maybe I should act like all the other self absorbed teens in my town and sit on my butt all day and expect everything to fall in my lap on my command. I want to work, I have all the time in the world,a working truck and a strong back. It seems that the teens in my town who don't want to work hard and would rather mooch off of their parents are able to get jobs. While the ones who actually want to work, like to work and actually want to help out around the house cant find a job for miles....

Junior Member Pod of Oceania
    I get seriously pissed off when people smoke in hugely public places, like disneyland. GO AND HAVE A FAG IN THE CARPARK OR SOMETHING, NOT IN SOME POOR LITTLE KIDS FACE!!!!!
    And theres also this girl at school who was my best friend for about 4 years, but this last year shes started getting really stupid and annoying, and spending her whole life reading. She doesnt do her homework, just sits and listens to her stupid audiobooks in class, at lunchtime, after school, and in weekends. She never even talks to me and my friend anymore, unless she just blurts out some random shit to do with her book like
    "heeheeheeheeheehee (high pitched annoying laugh) jamie is soooooooo stupid, he shouldnt even have gone with katrine, shell only cheat on him..."
    Then reads again. We have lost absolutely all patience with her, if shes not gonna talk to us, she might as well just sit by her self.
    I dont even think she realises she doesnt have friends anymore

Well, good to get all that bitching outta my system! now i'll just act like a normal person again

Junior Member Pod of the Southwest Mermaid Lohgan's Avatar
    I hate it when people ignore me. Like I'm just not there. It really hurts.
    Formerly known as "Mermaid Nish".

I'm with you, Aeolius and Ivablu1, on the obnoxiousness of smoking. I loathe it. At karaoke last night, there is one lady (an ex-girlfriend-turned-friend of a friend) who basically spent every moment she wasn't singing outside smoking. One guy commented that he hadn't seen me sing since he arrived, when I sang seven songs that night, because he'd been outside with the other smokers so much. At my old job I was practically the only one in the entire bookstore who didn't take smoking breaks throughout my shift. And I despise the fact that even when there are posted signs about how far away from the doors people need to stand in order to smoke, they always stand right by the entrance and let their exhaust waft inside!

[[Insert Rant here]]
    Last edited by Mermaid Sirena; 08-24-2012 at 03:18 PM.

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

I'm not angry right now, I'm just disappointed and felt like I needed to get this off my chest.

A while back, a fan on my mermaid facebook page and a light member of mernetwork asked me to make them an etched martini glass, which I was extremely happy about. They were my first customer, and I did my best on the design they came up for me. I rush delivered it, it had to get to them by the end of the week, so I was literally doing the etching within the hour of UPS closing in order to get it to them on time. Because of this, I didn't have any time whatsoever to take pictures. I remember I got to UPS 5 minutes before closing.

Anyways, I sent it to them and they let me know they had gotten it a few days later. The day I sent it to them, I asked if they'd mind taking a few pictures and writing a small review for me on mernetwork to get the word out. They said they'd be happy to, and that the glass was a present for their sister who ended up liking it very much.

That was the last I heard from this person. No review was ever posted, no pictures taken, no word out about the product they received so others could read it and decide to purchase a bit of art from me. It's been months now and I've pretty much given up hope that this person will write a review like they said they would. I'm just really disappointed because I was hoping that their review would get me a little more business...They're the only customer I've had. Other people have shown interest but have backed out for whatever reason. I even gave this customer a huge discount because shipping was surprisingly expensive. I ended up breaking even with that order. I was planning on using my glassworks to raise money for a tail, but that's not going anywhere, not that I need it to.

Anyways, I'm just kinda feeling down about it and needed to get that off my chest. I feel like I have a real talent, people have praised me for how gorgeous my work is, but that doesn't matter when it's not selling, and it just makes me feel...I dunno, like there's something wrong about it all? Maybe I'm not reputable because there's no testimonials or anything from other people about my work, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Thanks for listening. <3

UGGGH!!! so today i finish my first ever mermaid bra that i decided to make by myself and i had everything down and glue and dried...so i put it on and show everyone then take it off so it doesnt get broken then later that same morning my little brother ran into my room and broke all the starfish on the bra then ran around bragging about it to everyone

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ashleigh View Post
    UGGGH!!! so today i finish my first ever mermaid bra that i decided to make by myself and i had everything down and glue and dried...so i put it on and show everyone then take it off so it doesnt get broken then later that same morning my little brother ran into my room and broke all the starfish on the bra then ran around bragging about it to everyone
    Take the broken bits of starfish and put them in his breakfast cereal. Two days later, tell him what you did. Justice is served.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

I'm sorry Ashley! I got mad when my brother broke my starfish snowglobe >:[

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.

Find me on YouTube! -->
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mermaidg...e=results_main

[Because legs are too complicated]

Senior Member Pod of Oceania happyguava's Avatar
    Today I would like to bitch about waiting. And patience (or lack thereof!!). I can think of four really exciting big things that are happening with Mermaidens but they're all in a matter of months and some have been postponed for various reasons. Ohhh the torture of sitting here waiting for awesome things to happen!!!

Solution: fill in the space with MORE awesome things! Muahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by happyguava View Post
    Today I would like to bitch about waiting. And patience (or lack thereof!!). I can think of four really exciting big things that are happening with Mermaidens but they're all in a matter of months and some have been postponed for various reasons. Ohhh the torture of sitting here waiting for awesome things to happen!!!

Solution: fill in the space with MORE awesome things! Muahahahaha.
    This! This a thousand times!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Æolius View Post
    Take the broken bits of starfish and put them in his breakfast cereal. Two days later, tell him what you did. Justice is served.
    Thats so nasty i would throw up just watching him eat it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Celissa View Post
    I'm sorry Ashley! I got mad when my brother broke my starfish snowglobe >:[
    Ik how that goes i had this really cool genuine spinosaur tooth and my little sister was supposed to be watching him and she turned hr back and he sent the thing flying toward my door... where it exploded yeah that was a sad day to

It really gets on my nerves when people underestimate my age and decide to call me hun. It kind of goes along with older people thinking they know way more than me But that's just my opinion
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    It really gets on my nerves when people underestimate my age and decide to call me hun. It kind of goes along with older people thinking they know way more than me But that's just my opinion
    Try living in the south, sometime. But yeah, it gets on my nerves as well. I take out my frustrations by driving down the road, waving frantically at complete strangers. It really seems to boggle some people.

This one came to mind:
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

That is just hilarious! i find way to many things funny, so as i was really analyzing the lyrics, i broke down and started crying i was laughing so hard! so, thanks for making my day!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Let me start off by saying I work at Hottopic. Cool every one says.NO. Not cool. I'm glad you think our store is awesome but there is very little that I hate more than the mall rats coming in and asking 50 questions,following you around, asking to try stuff on and not buying anything! Then leaving only to come back like 11 times through out the day to do it all over again ( not joking this past sat a girl came in11 times! >.< I also hate how people come in a buy a single pin and drop my ADT >.< There are some days I really want to strangle people.

All right, here I go... I am bitching this out...

I had a great weekend. I got to go to the Portland Pirate Festival (PPF) twice. While at the PPF, I met at least 2 other mermaids and gave some new merfolk information on how to find this site so they could make their own tails. Even though I thought I had enough suntan lotion on, I didn't and I got a pretty nasty burn. I also didn't have enough water and got dehydrated, heat exhausted, and all sorts of fun little things.... but I really did have fun, so I wasn't going to complain.

But... the day after... I am complaining about that. I know a person who I was acquaintances with in high school that has loved mermaids apparently, made herself a few tails, but never really got around to learning about the network and connecting with people, etc. She has been following me on Youtube and has been a big fan. When she learned that LittleOrca was the girl she knew in high school, she freaked out and had to meet me for coffee, share tails, and etc. So we had coffee, we met at craft stores, I gave her input on tail painting, and she considered me some tail painting god.

She also wanted to meet to take some tail pictures. All right, photo shoot, no biggie. So, despite two days at the pirate festival and how I was after it, I drove over an hour to get to this location, only to find the water full of not-so-friendly worm-like leeches and other critters. All right, no biggie... I got a few pictures... and ripped my new tail... Fine, I can fix it. That is okay... *sigh* But then I was constantly hounded, "What are we doing now?" "What pics now?" "Am I moving?" "What is going on now?" "Now?" I couldn't take it and I had to work very hard to keep being polite.

When I do photo shoots with Mr Orca what happens is organic. He turns me loose in the tail and snaps pictures. Some turn out great, some not so much. It's just what happens. Yes, some are posed, but most are candid and they make the best shots. This clashing of styles coupled with my introvertedness and needing TIME to figure out what I was going to do and to get the nerve up to get into the water with the little worm-things took a toll on me. Not to mention, I had a huge headache through the whole process.

Eventually, we left the small creek and went for a river. Great! Room to swim! I switched tails to my spotted tail since the other one needed repair, and when I got in the water.... no... Just no. The river was in the shade, the water constantly moving (of course), and thus it could not heat up. The water felt 40 degrees. It might have been more, but with the burn, it was epically cold. I could stand it for probably fifteen minutes before I had to get out. I could not feel my feet or fingers. I could move them, I knew they were there, but I could not feel them or feel anything when I touched them. To make matters worse, I had to deal with a slew of lines like: "What happened to my swimming buddy?" "You really can't handle any of this, can you?" "Don't worry, I will only call you a wuss to your face." ... Says the mermaid who is wearing neoprene...

When I finally got home, I got into a hot bath and could at last feel my hands and feet, 2 hours after the initial shock of the cold water. Everything she said though started to hit me hard. .. Maybe I shouldn't be a mermaid anymore... Maybe I should give up on my wedding tail dream... It all stung and it all weighted me down. I tried to think instead of all the fun at the PPF, but I could not get the rest out of my mind. And now that I am about to post pictures from the event, the thoughts are coming back. Still being sick from the events is not helping, either. I'm feeling lost and as though what I dream of does not matter, says the "wuss" mermaid.

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram

Sounds like you had a rough weekend, im sorry. I don't think you are a wuss! I have looked up to you as a mermaid and you were one of the mers who inspired me to make tails for myself. You can't give up just because one person called you something! If you want that wedding tail then get it! But yes, you are a tail painting goddess :P
    Just keep your fins up <3<3<3<3<3 besides, you are the one who's signature is "to thine own mermaid be true" <3
    Haters gonna Hate >:/ , Lovers gonna Love <3, Creepers gonna Creep O_o
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Madeleine".