Thread: How dangerous is pest control?

How dangerous is pest control?

A few weeks ago, we moved into a new construction house. I told my husband that pest control isn’t in our budget, and we agreed that we’d learn more about the chemicals involved and/or wait until bugs actually became a problem.
    Four days ago, a pest control guy knocked on the door and fast talked my husband into spraying inside and outside our home. We have family who fall on all sides of this: pest control is fine because bugs aren’t people; pest control is deadly and you should use essential oils instead; pest control is unnecessary except in acute infestation (the option I grew up with).
    AAP and EPA seem to say don’t do it unless you have to.
    I think husband should call back and cancel future services. Do I need to do anything special to protect my crawling-everywhere-and-putting-everything-in-his-mouth aged baby? (Maybe related: I’ve been coughing at bedtime and feeling wheezy—first noticed it about 48 hours ago, and it’s getting sloooooowly worse. But there are a lot of new things in my environment, gas appliances, LVP flooring, new carpet, etc, so I hesitate to blame the pest guys.)

For the most part pest control chemicals are completely safe. However, they have to be handled carefully by someone who's trained to use them or safety could become an issue. In any case, you should contact a proven pest control company to be sure that all the chemicals that will be used to destroy the pests will not harm you or your child. In my opinion, swansea pest control is the best option, because these guys have been working in this field for a very long time and have an impeccable reputation.I hope my answer is helpful to you!