Uh, hi?

I tried to post this but it gave me an error screen so we’re trying again and hoping it works.
I’m Astro, the scary they/them the media warned you about. I’m 19 and from WA. I’ve actually been lurking here for a long time with no account. Since 2012 when I was a kid. I got into mermaids because of mermaid YouTube shows which I’m still obsessed with. I run the blog on tumblr @ Mertubenostalgia where I document and archive old mermaid YouTube shows and media in general for the nostalgic 2000s kids who grew up on them. I’ve also been writing my own since 2012, but I don’t know a single person who likes mermaids and is willing to play mermaids with me. I’ve found most people in the area who do have tails are either little kids or way older than me and have whole families and lives. I’m yet to find someone my age in my area to be friends with and make mermaid videos with. So I’m hoping that maybe, someone out there will see this. I have 5 tails, two homemade that are so old I think they’d disintegrate if I touched them. Two the2tails that I’ve outgrown the monofin for but have served me well. And the beloved classic aussie green finfun that is still going strong.

I did take a little break from mermaiding (and surfing) because I needed to get a start on my transition. But I’m going pretty well and desperately want to get back in the water and recreate the feeling of being 14 and playing mermaids in the river with friends. I hope maybe I can find someone to be buddies with this way.

So yeah that’s my introduction. I apologise in advance if I made any mistakes.

-Astro the very lonely siren.